Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:52:52 AM

Author Topic: Bolt Circle Wizard with tapping  (Read 3398 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Bolt Circle Wizard with tapping
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
Here is an example of a Bolt Circle Wizard. It support all teh Normal Drill Cycles PLUS the tapping cycle(G84).

It is in Zip format so you have to do the unzip thing on your end INTO the Wizards folder.

It is a decent conversational example of creating Gcode for a Bolt Circle. BRIAN did the original layout and I fancied it up a bit and added a few extra features.

It makes a very good PATTERN as to HOW to create a WIZARD in Mach4.

This version also does a SAVE file AND when you exit it opens the file in MACH4 ready for you to get at it.

I think I have it all cleaned up and error free BUT if you find something please let me know. There is a LOT of Lua code to sort through >:D

NOW IF you can improve it PLEASE DO and reload it back into the Mach4 TOOL BOX for others to use and enjoy.

(;-) TP
Re: Bolt Circle Wizard with tapping
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
This looks great! Good job! I am just starting to try and learn Lua coding. I need a similar wizard that can do linear hole patterns rather than circles. Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to modify this code to achieve a wizard for linear hole patterns but I really don't know where to start. Any Ideas that might help or have you seen a wizard that can already do this?

Thanks,
Rich