Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:01:35 AM

Author Topic: Aspire 3.5 and Mach 3  (Read 6683 times)

Aspire 3.5 and Mach 3
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
All, I have been working with my CNC for 2 years now and have had no issues what so ever with Aspire creating toolpaths and scaling them correctly. Recently my CPU failed and I had to replace the computer. I had a day old backup of Mach3 so I loaded it and placed the license and XML file in the directory for Mach 3. The issue is now my scaling is all screwed up. When I create a toolpath the output from Mach 3 is much smaller. Ive already checked the scale to job in Aspire and nothing changed in Mach still a smaller job. I have already checked the motor driver scale pulse per inch setting. I even changed it from 400 to 81 and the result is the same a really small job from a large toolpath file. Ive looked at a bunch of posts and followed all the resolution suggestions to no avail. What am I missing, HELP!!!

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
Re: Aspire 3.5 and Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
Did you install the correct XML file from the old computer?
If you had a custom named configuration it will have a different name and that is the one you want.

Ray
Re: Aspire 3.5 and Mach 3
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
Thanks so much for the advice. Went through my backup XML files and loaded an older version and voila scaling back to normal. Weird I used ghost software to copy the HD of the old CPU, apparently it didnt like the XML file when it copied it. Either way I'm back in business...thanks again!