Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:17 PM

Author Topic: HELP! Same code, different result  (Read 2417 times)

HELP! Same code, different result
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »
Hi
Hope someone can help! I make my g-code for a diy router in RhinoCAM 2012. Now I have some 10mm holes to make (not drilling) with a 6 mm wood router bit. The code looks fine in RhinoCam and also checked it in OpenSCAM. But when opened in Mach3 it looks as if the X0 Y0 Z0 position of the axis are now the center of all diameters of the holes and the position of the holes have become a point on the diameter!!? Really absurd. Ofcourse this way it goes more then beyond my table workspace, and I dont know how to fix it?
So anybody has experienced this strange effect, plz help
Attached is the g-code and a screendump of mach3 preview window
Best regards
Per Petersson

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! Same code, different result
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:02:39 AM »
Hi Per,

In Config / General Config change the IJ Mode then regen. Toolpath.

(Ideally your generated GCode should contain the correct G90.1 (absolute) or G91.1 (incremental) dependant on how the arcs have been drawn in your CAD / CAM program).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:26:16 AM »
Hi Tweakie!
And thanks a million! That did it.
But what does IJ stand for and how will I know, from time to time, if the arcs are absolute or inc since I just picked the edge curve of the model in Rhino (as a containment region)?
Thanks again, you made my day! Not been sleeping tonight worrying over this...
Per

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:46:36 AM »
Hi Per,

Not that it is of any consequence but the I and J are the X axis and Y axis offsets for arcs as defined in the NIST interpreter specification.

Exactly how you know which IJ mode to select, I have absolutely no idea but each CAD / CAM has it's own preference and once known then that is the IJ mode to use.
I use 'trial and error' but I am sure others will have a better, foolproof, way to decide between G90.1 and G91.1.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:02:15 AM »
Anyway, lesson learned!
Now I know one thing more :)
Thanks a lot!