Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:55:24 PM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 183744 times)

Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
I just want to know what possessed you in the first place to click Ctrl-Alt-Shift and click the middle mouse button ;-)

I have been working with Art on a new program "LaserGear / Augmented Machine Controller" in development and it uses that key combination to stop processes that are in a running loop. So it was just a odd thing to try on my part and it popped up. Good to see we can drop the Shift. Never fully tested just was a fluke find. This new program of Art's is really cool. Great way to create a front end screen to control I/O boards and a lot more.
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2015, 07:56:43 AM »
just noticed a 'text box' icon in the edit tools icon bar.  can't get it to work yet, can't find docs for it.
any information about it. ?  (build 2803)

Thanks
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Seemed to work for me.  ???
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
first of all thanks for your reply

yes, i got that far. . . but i can't figure out how  to read and write to it

for instance this code >  '  local  xx = txt(1)  '  results in error message   > [string "C:\Users\VINCEN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\le3D02.m..."]:1: attempt to call global 'txt' (a nil value)

while ' scr.SetProperty(txt(1),'Label','*********') '  results in  [string "C:\Users\VINCEN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\le8DC1.m..."]:2: attempt to call global 'txt' (a nil value)

did you get yours to work ?
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
the only thing i see that can be done, is reading a register. (so not sure what id use a text box for other than reading and I assume writing to a register, sorry)

And not sure why i can not re-position the whole group of items in the screen set, they got moved down on the last save, testing this text box out.
(warning always make sure you scroll to the top of the screen before saving a screen set)

now i can not find where the position controls are for the whole group.  ???

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »
open your screen set in winrar or equiv and edit the screen.xml

Find "<Property name="Name">MainTabs</Property>"

And edit below it

Daz
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »
LOL, that's one step backwards to me! used to be able to do it from the screen edit page.

I fought that issue before when i was playing with creating screens. And created a function that made sure that the groups were in location in the load script. Maybe its just that new mach4 screen set as I just used it as a test for the text box for machiner.
Left the warning for others to beware and enlightened.

Not sure why they dropped that edit position feature or at least made it default 0,0 position for the whole page group, I just assumed i'd never have to edit the xml file any longer now that they have copy, paste, export, import & insert abilities.

I have not edited a screen in months so it was kind of a ______ experience.

« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
found where to set position  :P

its under ManTabs, forgot I guess, like i said its been months.  ;D
  :-X

machiner: the only thing that can be read and controlled is what is in the list on the left. here is where I am reading the register.
but from your original question, you made it sound like the button did not work. (it does, just pretty much limited at this time)
could be pretty cool tool with some additional options.
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2018, 04:20:33 PM »
WOW almost three years since i messed with this.

Was called out of retirement to help program a new machine, fanuc controls for a family of 46 parts
was asked to do a parametric program using Macro B
turned out to be a sweet series of several nested subroutines
all dimensions were put in a look up subroutine and passed to a calculation subroutine to compute start and stop locations.
based on the tool diameter entered in its own variable, so change tool diameter all positions are recalculated.

Including conveyor load/unload from both direction a part flip over, top and side drilling, probing of the parts and of the fixture change details for the many combinations of raw material

Thought id test out Mach4 abilities and help me with some of the while loops and subroutines that needed to be developed.

Which in the end all led me to a new macro variable screen tab set.

It was one tedious process of creating an organized well structured page.
started with the screen editor then organized and ordered the objects in an XML editor
then on to a text editor to replace values to align all the rows and columns, heights and widths of each
then copy and paste the master to create all the variable names and addresses making each group
and edit each variable name for that group tab set (something like 402 for each tab)
I estimate well over 35hours of ass time after I managed without it during the project, so next time i'm all set.

all during the two recent hurricanes, what a sight to witness and see what they leave behind.

and a little routine to clear macro variables
Code: [Select]
(CLEAR AND SET VARIABLES TO NIL)
#1=2
WHILE[#1 LE 999]DO1
#[#1]=#0
#1=#1+1
END1
#1=#0(RESET COUNTER BACK TO NIL)
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »
Added the ability to set field colors based on values