Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:44:56 AM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 183763 times)

Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »
Managed to get the tool use timers working, works by adding only feed move times for the current tool number. Then stores the time to a pound variable and also compares it to the used up time variable. Watches the incycle for starting the timers and looks at either no feed move or an out of cycle condition.

Update: Made a few revisions, changed the saved times to minutes and formatted.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:33:07 PM by Ya-Nvr-No »
Re: Screen Set Ideas , how to name screen in label ?
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »
i hope I posted in right 'area'. I have been trying to do something so simple. I want the screen set name to be visible in a label. I checked out the 'label code' clickee in the properties window , but its not listed. how to do  ? hopefully in one or fewer steps  :-`] 

by 'screen set name' I mean the name of the file that has been loaded from the 'screens' folder'
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:47:50 PM by machiner »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »
pull the Key/Name from the GetProfile calls, then set the name to a text control on your screen.
fun times
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
pull the Key/Name from the GetProfile calls, then set the name to a text control on your screen.

Sorry but, that was Clear as mud!

I had this posted somewhere but can't seem to find it

I'd created a text label, and put this in my plc script

ScrName = mc.mcProfileGetString(inst,'Preferences','Screen',ScreenName);  --gets the Screenset name from the machine.ini file Preferences section.
scr.SetProperty('lblScreenName', 'Label', ScrName); -- then put the ScrName in the text label called lblScreenName
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Finally found some time to get the Tool pocket tracking routine working.  ;D
Note: then I found I did not like it and changed it.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
very nice job on the wxGrid tool display!
Looks very useful for real world apps.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »
With Arts fine Darwin upgrades I now have the ability to have up to three MPG encoders to either control separate axis's with each or map one per dial.

Using the slider I can assign an encoder/MPG to an axis, so encoder 1 = Y encoder 2 = Z and encoder 3 = B

or using the buttons below Each MPG will be mapped to each axis selected

Max selection is three and that seems like enough to keep track of ;D

My intentions is to be able to replace the hand dials on one of my mills with mpg dials

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:16 AM »
Very, Very nice work!!  I am still waiting on Greg to get MPGs working in his ESS pluign to start using them here as well.
Love what you did with your screen!

Scott
fun times
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2014, 07:14:46 AM »
Thanks

Now if Steve or Brian could map the Steps per, for each axis, We could set them up with something like  X at .001 Y at .0001 and Z at .01
The way I have the buttons programmed now I can do it, as the data gets passed to the functions on selection of an axis. So by changing the steps per between axis selection the next axis is passed that new step value. Little convoluted but is possible.

Makes it nice in so many ways, but would put a lot more responsibility on the operator to Pay Attention. One of the most dangerous features of using hand dials is setting the steps per. Snap a cutter off mighty quick, as a step of 1" would surely make short use of small cutters or could ruin your workpiece.

Now to figure a way to get a remote LCD display. Would like Ethernet for control and display. Anyone have suggestions and/or examples ???   Maybe something like Peter Homann, ModIO only TSP Ethernet as opposed to serial.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:58 AM »
MPG's are a really nice. Mine are set so that i can just creep or rotate the mpg fast and the axis moves fast.
Maybe "intuitive feel " would be a better description.
Once you use them you'll wonder how you ever did without them.

Keep up the good work.........on the side and following,
RICH