Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:34:55 AM

Author Topic: Odd behavior with jog button  (Read 3676 times)

Odd behavior with jog button
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Maybe someone can tell me what is happening with this screen set.  In the interest of stream lining my screen I am removing some of the buttons and making other minor modifications.  One of the things is that I only use from the Tab (MPG mode) is the jog step and continuous.  Occasionally I will change the step distance, but not often.  So I thought I would put these couple of items on the program run screen. 

I also wanted to reduce a little more of the screen clutter, so I removed the Jog ON/OFF button on the program run screen.

So everything worked (or at least looked like it did) until I tried to run it on the router.  As soon as I pressed the Step/Cont. button I placed on the program run screen, the jogging stopped working. 

I found the Jog ON/OFF button on the Offsets screen and toggled that off and on, and the jog worked again.  If I pressed the tab from the program run screen and used the  Jog mode button, it worked as it should.  But if I pressed my new button, Step/Cont., the jog stopped working.  Going to the Offsets screen and press the Jog ON/OFF, everything worked again.

My solution was to move the Jog ON/OFF button back to the program run screen.  Now my new button on the program run screen works just as it should.

Now why does not having this button on the program run screen, inhibit the Jog Mode (OEM code 245) from working?

Thanks
Rick
Re: Odd behavior with jog button
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Mach3 is such a great program, I can live with a few of its idiosyncrasies.  Is there any work around to get it out of sight?  I've changed the label (making is shorter), so the button is a bit smaller.
Rick
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »
You can shrink it down to a speck if you want, plenty of spaces to stash it. Shrink one of the led's to stash beside it.
(it will be your "secret" mini button)  :)