Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424566 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
No, embedding the video is much more complicated.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:26 AM »
Another request...

I see lots of people struggling to get a realistic RPM when using mach to control a spindle through a 0-10v output. I have managed to tweak the output voltage of my controller so that the end points are correct, but the issue I have is that it is not entirely linear.

So while 10v = 400hz (i.e. 100% for my setup), 5v seems to cause the VFD to go to e.g. 220hz rather than 200hz. You can of course compensate this by setting a slightly different rpm to the one that you actually want but that seems unnecessary...

It would be very nice if Mach4 allowed users to calibrate the spindle voltage output so that it follows a curve rather than a straight line - would certainly be easier than using modbus for a low level user that just wants a slightly more accurate spindle rpm.

Perhaps give 4 calibration points (e.g. 30%, 45%, 70%, 85%) and interpolate a curve from those points?

« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2017, 04:58:27 PM »
I started a thread about this, I think it would be a useful feature.  The Optional Stop Output in the Config.  This output gets the handle of the M01 State, whether it is enabled or disabled, it is not an output while the Pause is in affect like I thought it would be.  If there was another output that came on during a Pause due to the M0 or M01 that we could use to turn on indicators, that would be handy.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
Hello,

I have a few wishes for gui:
- monospace font for DRO (will avoid flickering). Will it be possible, to use system ttf?
- transparent buttons/togglebuttons
- format for cycle time, or at least force the seconds with %02d
- possibility to move elements in tree-view of the screen-designer. Copy&delete is error-prone and tedious. DND would be nice, like bookmarks in firefox ;)
- format (i.e. spindle-speed) with thousand-separator
- support images for notebook-tabs (the tab itself, not the panel background)
- save position of split-pane-separators
- disable scaling of screen on toggling between screen-designer and application mode
- lock elements (no position change possible in locked state)
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »
I have a new wish:

would it be possible to save position and size of application window in the profiles-subdirectory?

I'm working on different screens where each of them has a different aspect ratio.
Stopping work on one screen and starting the work on the other I first have to adjust application window to the new limits. :(
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »
machine kinematics please!!! for 5 axis
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
Separate motor acceleration and deceleration settings would be nice. I need a slower accel rate but then I'm also stuck with a longer time to decel and stop when I jog. Would be nice to have a slower accel rate but quickly decel when I let my finger off the jog button.
« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
"Which output was that again??"

I'm setting up a machine right now and Can't remember waht some of my outputs are used for (stack light colors, spindle brake, etc....).  It would be really awesome if there was a "Description" column in the mach config for inputs and outputs.  I've got all my outputs documented on in excel on my computer but its annoying to keep walking back and forth to input data and utilize data from the spreadsheet.  So if there was a Description Column, that would be a great quick reference.
Chad Byrd

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
"Which output was that again??"

I'm setting up a machine right now and Can't remember waht some of my outputs are used for (stack light colors, spindle brake, etc....).  It would be really awesome if there was a "Description" column in the mach config for inputs and outputs.  I've got all my outputs documented on in excel on my computer but its annoying to keep walking back and forth to input data and utilize data from the spreadsheet.  So if there was a Description Column, that would be a great quick reference.

New builds have this.  :)

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »
Separate motor acceleration and deceleration settings would be nice. I need a slower accel rate but then I'm also stuck with a longer time to decel and stop when I jog. Would be nice to have a slower accel rate but quickly decel when I let my finger off the jog button.

You can set the jog accell and velocities as a percentage of the maximums for the axis.  See mcJogSetAccel() and mcJogSetVelocity() in the API manual.  It will take a little scripting, but what you want can be done.  You will basically have to write button up and button down scripts using mcJogVelocityStart(), mcJogVelocityStop(), mcJogIncStart(), and mcJogIncStop(), depending on the current jog mode. 

Steve