Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:41:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424492 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 03:58:08 AM »
Can we have the DRO's persistent after restarting MAch4?

Dan

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 01:16:16 PM »
Dan,

Explain to me what you are wanting.  Because the DROs seem to be persistent for me.  But I might just be missing the point of your request.

Steve

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »
Hi Steve,

Start Mach4, go to the MDI command "G0 X0 Y0 Z0" (or whatever), restart Mach4 and I want to see the DROs show the last location: X0 Y0 Z0. We used to have a setting for this in Mach3 under general Config.

Also related to this, while not as important, is having the option to be asked if I want the fixture to be saved before exiting, like it was in Mach3.

Dan
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 02:33:04 PM »
Hi Dan,
    Nothing persistent here either. Axis' ref'd or not.
Stock M4 Hobby Screen.
I think Steve said earlier that this may not be the same screen as he is using.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27041.msg191241.html#msg191241

Steve, could we maybe expect the later screen that you have fixed up to this point ?

Thanks,
Russ
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:37:44 PM by Overloaded »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
I think this is a Sim issue.  Because Sim always starts at machine 0 for any given motor.  So when Mach fires up, the motion controller provides the machine position to Mach.  Sim is sending 0 because it is not a real motion controller and we don't save the positions anywhere during shutdown.  With my Galil, I always get what the encoders says.

I'm working on a new build.  It will have the updated screen plus a lot of other stuff that you guys have asked for.

1. Pop up keypad for editing DROs (Auto Calc).
2. Feed Rate tracks G20/G21 correctly.
3. Recent files can have a path longer than 80 characters.
4. File->Open "remembers the last directory instead of starting with the current working directory.
5. Button actions to show the tool and fixture tables.
6. Fixed the softlimit enable check boxes in the configuration.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »
Thanks Steve. For the protocol, it seems to be machine 1.0000 for each motor here.

What about the single click highlighting of the DROs - are you considering this? I still think that this is a must for touch screens. Also, the cursor is quite confusing. I enter as number in the X DRO, hit Enter, and then the cursor moves down to the Y DRO, allowing me to type in there, but hitting the Enter key, doesn't save the number there. So could the cursor just disappear after you hit Enter and not move to subsequent DROs?

Dan

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »
Dan,

Brett posted a new install in the Announcements and updates thread.  Have a look at it.  I think you will like it.  :)

There is now a choice of editors for the DROs.

1.  In place (with the changes you wanted).
2.  Basic keypad.
3.  Extended Keypad (math funcs).
4.  Read only.

You will have to edit the screen and change the DRO's "Editor" property to get the Keypads.  The in place editor is the default.  Once you change a DRO to the Keypad type editor, you will then have to enable "Auto Calc" (like Mach 3) in the Operator menu.  The setting is persistent. 

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 02:44:18 AM »
Oh, and the keypads are resizable.  Make them as big as you want.  Easy touch screen access!!!  The size is remembered so you don't have to do it every time.  They are also intelligent as to their position.  They try to sit below the DRO so that the changes can be seen.  If the DRO is not in a position on the screen for this to be possible, the keypad will move to another location (above or beside) the DRO.  If all that fails, the keypad will pop up in the upper left corner of the main window.

Steve

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 02:54:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

Thanks. Just downloaded the new build and playing with it. So far looks good.

Yet another question: In Mach3 you had to close the program for changes and settings to be remembered. So if you had power loss, and you didn't restart Mach prior to it, all your changes have been lost. How is it in Mach4? If I change offsets, tool offsets, etc., are they being saved instantaneously, or waiting for restart of Mach4?

Dan

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »
Dan,

Brett posted a new install in the Announcements and updates thread.  Have a look at it.  I think you will like it.  :)

There is now a choice of editors for the DROs.

I like it a lot, Steve. Much, much better!!! Thank you!

Dan