Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:55:03 AM

Author Topic: Art 1 error and Mill screens not loading  (Read 3584 times)

Art 1 error and Mill screens not loading
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
I have been using Mach 3 turn for about a year now with no problems. However, recently I started to get this message: crror code: Art 1, Attempt Receovery?. When I click "Yes", it turns on the usual manual, and auto turn screens and I can run Trun with no  problems. Having become comfortable with Turn, I now want to use Mach3 Mill but when I click on the loader it generated the same error, but when I click "Yes" for "attempt recovery" I get various Artsoft logos each time I click. It thengoes to a matt colored screen Artsoft, with a brief flashor various DROs before I get a blank screen with the usual headers on top (file, config, view, etc.,) When I select a mill wizard  I get the screen (similar to turn) where you put the inputs. Not sure what is happening here? I know when I first installed mach3 and tested the Mill loader, it opened a Mill screen without any problem.

Joe

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Art 1 error and Mill screens not loading
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
First, it sounds like you need to reinstall Mach3 to get rid of that error.

Then, it sounds like your Mill screen bitmaps are missing from Mach3\bitmap\Millbitmaps (or something like that)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Art 1 error and Mill screens not loading
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
Gerry

Thanks for the reply. i will reload Mach3. I did find the bitmaps but they seem to be the components you would use to create/customize a screen. Ihappened to find in the mach3 folder a folder called 1024 which had .lset files and, of course for the mill. .set files. When I clicked that I did get a screen with the Auto. MDI, etc. tabs which I am now using. Since the error code worries me, I will reinstall.

Thanks again

Joe