Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Basic input function  (Read 9502 times)

Basic input function
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »
i am trying to build a control panel with a pokeys 55. Just to test I have set pin 1 and 2 as inputs, to LED 301 and 302. I have put the 2 leds on my screen. When I connect the switch to ground pin 1 or pin 2 the pokeys I/O status screen shows them work, but the leds on the screen do not change.

I  intend to test these LEDs in a macro pump and  set some DRos. My VB script does not see the LEDs change.

What am I missing?

The config screen shows pins 35,36,37 as outputs, and 35 keeps blinking. I have not configured anything on these pins, and the setup screen shows them as unused. Why are they active?
Re: Basic input function
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »
Hi Ron,
just tested a bit around with the Pokeys 55.
It looks like LED's below 1000 didn't work, maybe the are reserved ?
from 1000 to 1999 it is fine.

The config screen shows pins 35,36,37 as outputs, and 35 keeps blinking. I have not configured anything on these pins, and the setup screen shows them as unused. Why are they active?

I would say it is a kind of bug there.

When a pin is activated then it is fix activated in the Pokeys even when you assign it as "not used " in the Plugin setup.

Important is when a pin is set to  "not used " that all funktions for that pin is set to " none " before.

After that you can open the Pokeys software and set the pin to " inactive " and sent the configuration to the device.

After that and reopen Mach all is fine.

Alex

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 03:02:55 AM »
Pins 35, 36, 37 are used for PoExtBus - you might have enabled that in PoKeys settings. You can do Device > Clear settings in device in PoKeys application to clear the configuration to the default values.
'Not used' in Mach3 only means that that pin is not used by Mach3 plugin, but it might be used elsewhere (keyboard emulation,...).

LEDs below 1000 are reserved for mach3 special functions (OEM LEDs).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
Ok, should I be using the standalone PoKeys config software or the mach3 plugin? 

I do not plan to use a keyboard, just single input pins, mostly from a couple rotary switches.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »
Mach3 plugin is preferred for most functions.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:39:59 PM »
Ok, I have most of my PoKey control working, except for the jog functions. I have a series of buttons, for jog X+, jog X-, Jog Y-, etc. I have these as inputs on pins 34 to 41. I have configured these as inputs, and selected the "Input Jog x+" etc.

If I set them to negative inputs, all my DROS run wild, so I know they are working. But if I set them to not be negative inputs, then they do not move the axis.

How do I get the inputs to cause a jog?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »
Hi, Ron

You should use mapping to buttons instead of inputs - use OEM buttons 307 and on.

Regards,
Matevž
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Ok, buttons work ok. I also had a wiring error.

I still cannot use pins 35,36,37 They seem to be stuck on some output function. I have tried clear the config and reset it.

I have  plenty of extra pins, I will just not use those. This is a rather old PoKey55

I think my panel now does all I want, I will now put in on my machine and try to do some real work with it. Thanks for the help.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »
Hi Ron,
the current Plugin always enables the PoExtBus ( pins 35,36,37)  when using the old Pokeys55. No way to disable it within the Plugin.
It is fine with Pokeys56.

Alex
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:54 PM »
Ok, thanks. I plenty of extra pins so I will just skip those.