Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:38 PM

Author Topic: Galil plugin version 4.6 available.  (Read 13933 times)

Re: Galil plugin version 4.6 available.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
If I delete the galil-st.dll file in the plugin folder, it will work?
Or is there some registry cleaning that needs to be done also?

Thanks,
Alan

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
Read the very first post.
The ST plugin is for Galil Smart a Terminal. I was told this will only work with windows XP.
The other plugin is to be used with Galil suite.

I think what you really need to know is which Galil software you need to use for your controller. Then you choose the plugin.

I use the older PCI slot card and it is not supported by Galil Suite, so I am forced to use Smart terminal which means I must use the ST plugin and Windows XP.

Make sense?
Maybe Steve Smurph will chime in.

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
If I delete the galil-st.dll file in the plugin folder, it will work?
Or is there some registry cleaning that needs to be done also?

Thanks,
Alan
I had to uninstall Mach3 to get it to work correctly. I also ran a registry cleaner.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
I have a question about this. Do both plug-ins work equally well with ethernet? (Do both work equally well with serial?)

I have been using SmartTerm as it seems simpler to understand right now. But if both SmartTerm and Galil Suite are installed on the PC but not running when Mach3 is opened does that cause a problem? (I have both installed)

I'm just trying to get a configuration that works. I've already removed and reinstalled Mach3 once. I've tried both the 4.6 Standard and the 4.6-ST plug-ins. 

I have communication between Galil (DMC2160) and SmartTerm over serial.
I have both serial and Ethernet registered for the same controller in SmartTerm.
I do not yet have ethernet communication. Still trying to figure that one out but plan to use it once it works.

Jim
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »
Jim,
I can only relate my experience.  I had similar issues in the beginning, un installing and reinstalling Mach 3 and registry cleaning made ZERO difference for me using XP an ethernet. 
Normally you would not have Smart Term. and the galil suite working together but I see on the Galil site that current downloads of ST have the latest drivers so they may coexist together if your ST was downloaded since the latest drivers were included.
My suggestion would be to manually delete whatever Galil plugin DLL that you have in the Mach 3\plugin directory.  Uninstall all Galil stuff and run a reg cleaner.  Then install ONLY the Galil Suite and the non ST plugin.  That worked for me.  Galil Suite has everything that Smart Term did.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks Tony, I just tried a variant. Uninstalled Mach3, deleted the directory, deleted the desktop shortcuts but didn't go into the registry. I've used regedit before but it helps to have some idea what you are looking for and where. Anyway you said that didn't help?

So I verified good communication to the DMC-2160 with ST, set IP addresses and such and got the ethernet link working. I have commanded motion, encoder counts and limit switch indications so good there I think. The ENET link is registered.

Reinstalled Mach3 and the Galil plug-in (That's just a .dll file with the .m3p extension added on right? Probably contains an installer?)

So Mach3 starts and the bottom message bar says something about Galil now being connected, with the reset flashing. That may be after opening the config window, configuring and choosing the galil. That message goes away when I push the reset button. Then I've got nothing. No limit switch changes, no encoder counts, no motion, no port or pin numbers.

I keep thinking there's something very minor that I'm missing here.

Jim
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:37 AM »
Jim,

Did you go into "Plugin configuration" in the "configuration" drop down menu.  After all the installation tasks are done you have some config tasks to do, one time only.  You need to map galil axis to Mach axis to start with.
There are still several setup features that I have not got done yet because I have so far been unable to get appropriate info.  but I have at least got the system up and running.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Sure did Tony, right now I see 3 potential causes:
1) I have the serial and the ENET connection both registered in ST. Could that create a conflict when Mach3 opens? I can test that.
2)In the general tab of the plug-in configurator I have only Linear Interpolation checked. Is something required here for communications to work?
3) Can the operation of the plug-in be corrupted by adding .m3p to the Galil.dll filename (Galil.dll.m3p) and clicking it to install? (It seems to work other than communication which fails upon closing of the configuration window.)

That may be a clue. Apparently I have communication before opening the configuration window (though no data) and lose it on closing same.

Jim
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »
Options 1 and 2 above made no change.

Guess that leaves something in the configuration.

Jim
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 01:10:03 PM »
Sure did Tony, right now I see 3 potential causes:
3) Can the operation of the plug-in be corrupted by adding .m3p to the Galil.dll filename (Galil.dll.m3p) and clicking it to install?

Jim,
I have no idea on that but it sounds like a bad idea.  Why not just keep a copy of Galil.mp3 somewhere and install from a correctly named copy of that, when necessary.  galil.mp3 is not the specific Smart Term plugin.  Why not replace Smart term with Galil Suite.  It is the later version and I imagine that the terminal is the same or close to it.  In any case it is dead easy to use.  Why are you staying with the old software?