Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:58:40 AM

Author Topic: Digital probing problem ???  (Read 5086 times)

Offline DAS

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Digital probing problem ???
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »
Hi All

doing some digital probing tests using the mach mill digitizing wizard.I can probe the item with no problem at all.save it to a .txt file pull it up on machcloud and render it ok  but it only barley resembles the part I probed. it only looks like it is showing me the tool path it took when it probed the part. lines are not connected. the y tool path direction change are angled z paths are crooked just can not get it to change to a point cloud. like it is all jumbled up. I found a file posted here on a chair seat bottom.  it renders perfect.
is there some type of setting in mach mill that I missed.  I thought it might be noise on the probe signal ran a lab scope on the signal, nice and clean. about to give up and maybe build a  3D video scanner and see if I can make that work.

Help!!     DAS
Re: Digital probing problem ???
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »
Yeah I had this happen too. One of the Mach grid probing routines records all the movements including the Z clear which is an angle up as it goes ove to the next Z down point.
You can set the Z clear to a small amount such as .003" and keep this to a minnimum or use the other probing routine.
Which one are you useing?

Steve
I have this ultimate set of tools I can fix it.