Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:24:52 PM

Author Topic: Remove 'tool change' bug  (Read 5412 times)

Remove 'tool change' bug
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
I was modifying a job file and need to delete the first tool change and the associated cut. I can delete the cut, but the tool change refuses to be deleted. I also can't move that tool change down in the list, or move another one to the top of the list. Seems the top tool change is 'special' when it shouldn't be.

Job file attached.
Re: Remove 'tool change' bug
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
Yes, the top tool change is special. Every job must start with a job op, then a tool op. You cant do an y work without a tool. You should be able to edit the first tool, but not delete it of move it. Sorry, that is how it has to be. What would we do in an operation if we had no tool defined?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »
But why not let me move a tool change into that first position? If it's the second line, I ought to be able to make it the first line. I understand having one being special, but that's no reason to not be able to change it (and by change I don't mean to just edit it).
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
I guess all I can say is thats how we programmed it. A job must start with a Job command because to do the Tool Select requires info off the job setup- like material. The second op must be a tool, because you cannot handle a third op without a tool. I guess there are cases where you might move a tool into the second place, but it would get hard to test all the conditions that worked.

So, I guess on this one I just have to say "thats the way it is, get used to it" :)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:08:50 PM »
Ok, I'll live with this if you can get the other bugs I've pointed out fixed and a new version out where I can use it :)