Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 01:19:05 PM

Author Topic: Dolphin Cad Cam???  (Read 3468 times)

Dolphin Cad Cam???
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
Hi there, just wondering how many people use Dolphin and Mach 3, I had a quick play around with the Dolphin software as a demo..... is it worth the $ value that they are asking for it?  and how easy it to learn  (maybe master in the future???).

Rehards
Nick :-\

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Dolphin Cad Cam???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:00:49 AM »
Nick,
I use Dolphin for the lathe and like it. I don't use the CAD feature since I prefer to just stick with other CAD orograms I have used for years and have no desire to learn the CAD of it. I purchased the Hobby version of it since since I am just a hobbiest. The software was easy for me to learn, the approach was logical for me, and not too many quirks in using it. I waited for years for an economical lathe software to become available, that never happened, so just bought Dolphin after comparing it to what was available. None of the lathe softwares are cheap. All of the free or economical ones are lacking or limited in what they do.

Can't speak for the mill package since i use Cambam.  

RICH
Re: Dolphin Cad Cam???
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »
I use the software and have nothing but good things to say about it. I haven't upgraded yet, but definitely plan to. They've added Module Works simulation which looks very nice.