Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:51:59 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 interaction with toher software - need assistance  (Read 3767 times)

Mach3 interaction with toher software - need assistance
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
I have built a fullbody 3d scanner that uses 4 cameras and 2 projectors. It is mounted on a 4 foot slide for up and down movement, has a tilt axis and a separate rotary table. I am using mach3 to control the movement of the scanner. the actual scanning is performed by Flexscan3d which can be controlled by scripts. After much experimentation and frustration I have found that mach3 will not support calling other programs from VB script. (wshell is not supported). I then tried using automation software such as autoit that works with most Windows software but alas it appears Mach3 somehow blocks this as well.
What I need is the ability in gcode (or mcode) to send Flexscan3d a command to initiate a scan and wait for a response before proceeding to the next line on the gcode.
I am being told that the only way to do this is through a plugin. Unfortunately I do not have visual studio nor do I know how to program in c+.
I would welcome any suggestions or any assistance in getting a plugin written.
I use 3d facial scans to create 3d printed art and hope to be able to do some larger scans with this equipment.
Appreciate any assistance.
Re: Mach3 interaction with toher software - need assistance
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 03:02:01 AM »
Hello,

I saw you are working with Flexscan3d with a rotary table. Did you make the rotary table yourself?
I would like to make one myself but don't know how to connect it to the software.
I found it connects trough a serial port but don't know how to connect a stepperdriver to the port.
Maby you could help me.