Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:06:01 AM

Author Topic: Anyone have a small 2.5D file I can run?  (Read 8777 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Anyone have a small 2.5D file I can run?
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
I have always wanted to cut something with the Z in constant movement. Most if not all of my limited experience has been 2D? where the Z plunges a ramps to specific depth, pockets or profiles and then repeats til the depth of cut is satisfied. This is cool enough however I would like to see all axis moving simultaneously just for the thrill, eventually I will learn how to do it myself.

I run a G0704 and have a few 1/8"-3/8" end mills, spot drills, chamfering tools etc. Not trying to make anything large just enjoy the movement.

Thanks for any and all help.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Anyone have a small 2.5D file I can run?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:21:14 AM »
What your asking for is 3D..... 2.5D is
Z plunges a ramps to specific depth, pockets or profiles and then repeats til the depth of cut is satisfied
Check here for a 3D file....http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4314.0.html
About 5 post down, Art has attached the code.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Anyone have a small 2.5D file I can run?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
Sam, Thanks.

I have been confused on 2, 2.5 & 3D differences since I started this hobby.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
  Sam, I love the FDR quote! My grandfather (a very successful business owner) always use to tell me "the early bird gets the worm" (mostly because I had a hard time waking up at 5-6 as a kid). I would reply back "the early worm gets eaten by the bird", he would get so mad!

Funny now.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:54:05 AM »
Make a probe with this: