Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:13:10 AM

Author Topic: A Simple BobCad V25 Job, or So I Thought!  (Read 14748 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: A Simple BobCad V25 Job, or So I Thought!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »
Ok here is the vid for anyone interested, I never even selected a different tool so it is the BobCAD default of 12.7mm, so is likely larger than would be used.
http://youtu.be/4_JKzcsg2RA

Oh also I was importing a sat file at the start as I use Cubify for my models instead of BobCAD, just in case anyone was wondering ::)
Hood
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »
Ok no probs, I have just made a short video showing the open pocket and uploading to Youtube but sounds like you know what you are doing now :)
Will still upload anyway as it might help others.
I have not done anything except the open pocket, so no profiles or anything, just showing steps needed for that part :)
Hood

The helping hand is much appreciated, I'll still have a look, I'm new to all this and I know I've a lot to learn ;-)
ATB,
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »
I am fairly new to BobCAD as well but I am liking it, I have concentrated more on Lathe but have done a few things in Mill and the open pocket is a very handy feature.
For some reason the simulation got snipped off in the video but the important steps for the open pocket are there.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
Hood,
Just a quick, but big, Thanks!
With your assistance and some help from Al and the guys at BobCad/Cam I completed the project, learned a big chunk about CAM and got my heat treatment furnace door mounted.

The brackets are a little rough-and-ready as cosmetics aren't an issue, but the hole spacing is spot-on and function is perfect,
Regards,
Nick

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
A Simple BobCad V25 Job, or So I Thought!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
Oh the joys of learning.
   Congrats. I understand the excitement. It is just watching a robot (CNC machine) do the work I find amazing.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
Excellent Nick,
I am really warming to BobCAD, it seems to be very nice and once you get into the way of doing things it is really quite fast to use.
Hood