Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:43:24 PM

Author Topic: Steel Stamp  (Read 7422 times)

Steel Stamp
« on: September 22, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
A friend asked if I could make him a stamp with his log to brand some parts he makes whilst hot, he provided the artwork and I made this -

This is what it does on hot steel plate -

I'm quite pleased with the results, I prototyped in aluminium then went straight to the finished item in one multi-pass operation starting with a .1mm cut then .2mm per pass to the finished depth of .9mm,

- Nick
Re: Steel Stamp
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 02:31:56 AM »
Cool! What type of steel did you use to machine the stamp? And did you do any sort of hardening to it after machining?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:27:28 AM »
Cool! What type of steel did you use to machine the stamp? And did you do any sort of hardening to it after machining?

It was some general purpose tool steel I had in stock for making pins & punches, machined in it's fully annealed state then hardened and tempered to around 65 Rockwell C.
It was nice to have a use for my new (to me) heat treatment furnace, I really need to finish fixing that furnace door!  :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »
That has come out great, what the hell does your friend do that he has a Logo like that ;D

Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »
Isn't that the ACA logo ?
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
That has come out great, what the hell does your friend do that he has a Logo like that ;D

Hood

Thanks Hood, I was very pleasantly surprised at the fine detail when I zoomed into the photo.
Graham manufactures and sells traditional gentlemen's shaving equipment, the brand for his in-house products is Hellrazors and he wanted to mark the Sheffield Steel brackets while they were still hot from the furnace,
Regards,
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:27:07 AM »
Ha ha I didnt realise how close I was when I said "what the hell" ;D

Hood