Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:39:14 AM

Author Topic: Import of NC Code fails because of missing i j k info for G2/G3  (Read 9067 times)

Hello CNC folks :)

I am Using HSMWorks to create NC code and then use Mach3 to mill. Due to reinstalling my computer and perhaps having automatically made some changes in HSM and the post-processor (didn't have that problem before) I get NC code, which, when imported in Mach3, gets an error message, that the I J K data is missing (for G2 and G3 operations). I have read, that this could be ok, when I J K are modal, meaning, that the previous G2/G3 operation had the same IJK coordinates (incremental mode). I have IJK in inc mode, XY are in absolute.

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem and get Mach3 to interpret the NC code right? When I open the NC code for example in the HSMWorks reader, it can calculate the RIJK values out of the rest somehow... Is there any property in the Options menu of Mach3, which can toggle something, that solves this too?

Many thanks for any hints or help in advance!!!
Best regards!
Kliment
Re: Import of NC Code fails because of missing i j k info for G2/G3
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »
Hello folks!  8)

I just had a part modeled in SW and using the hsmworks post to get the nc code to pocket out on a test piece, and it errors out with:
"Word at K value"
And when I looked at the code is where the incremental boring operations are happening.....

Is there a setting on mach3 for this or is it an issue with HSM?

Thanks in advanced!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Import of NC Code fails because of missing i j k info for G2/G3
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:47 AM »
Stbrnrd & klimatonix,
You need the appropriate post processor for Mach. Surely if you contact HSM they can provide one for you.

RICH