Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 10:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Tangent Corner
| |-+  Bargain Basement
| | |-+  Machining Cameras
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Machining Cameras  (Read 32914 times)
DavidCousins

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:06 PM »

Arnie,
The video window has a cross hair superimposed.  Who added the cross hair feature.  Surely not the video camera manufacturer.Huh

Thanks for the response.  I'm sure your article will be well read.  I enjoyed reading the thread above, and am amazed at the accuracy that can be achieved. 
DAve

David,
No the driver is the camera manufacturer's product.    It does mount directly in the spindle, but some folks have been experimenting with mounting them permanently to the side of the spindle  then applying an offset to zero their tool.    If I had a bigger table I would do it that way, but I am using mine on a mini-mill and by the time I get it off to the side I am about out of table.  I am building a large router bed 5' x 4.5' and I will certainly mount one on it. 

Thanks Arnie

zarzul

Wyoming, USA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »

David,

That great cross hair is a feature by Art, or Brian, not sure which.  Along with all the other tools that they made like the angle measurement slider, the tool size indicator, and a host of other features that help you do measurements.

Arnie
lam90
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »

Arnie, are thest unit still available for sale and if so what is their current price?

Best regards,

Larry

I am making shafts and mounting them to a USB Web camera,  it works great for positioning. The shaft is
anodized aluminum 6061.
Search the post for optical, edge finder, video window and you can get more info on the use of this.

I have several of these available and am asking $60 which includes shipping to the lower 48.  This incudes the shaft,
camera and the software that comes with the camera, and shipping.

I am going to make more after these are sold so PM me for your orders, it takes a week or so for the cameras to arrive.

Thanks Arnie

Sorry had to increase the price to $60, the paypal, postage and cost of camera with shipping was breaking the bank.
gtoguy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:26 PM »

Arnie,

I built the camera attachment today from your article in the Digital Machinist magazine. Good article.  It works very well.  I am seeing some quirky behavour of the the IC435C driver and the webcam software, but I can deal with it.  Ihave played with the camera in XP Professional and Mach3 and CentreCam and also on an XP machine with the CentreCam software.  The driver locks up and quits working so I restart the application to get it going again.

What are the "con", "dis", and "R/S" buttons for in the CentreCam software.  There is no help screen or documentation for the software.  I am using a version of Mach3 but it is the PCNC3 version that came with my PCNC1100 mill and the video plug in is not part of their implementation of Mach3.

Pat

zarzul

Wyoming, USA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »

I haven't been able to get on this forum for a while so sorry for being late answering.

Larry, yes I am still selling these.  And they are still $60, that includes the shipping to US locations.  It has slowed down a little but they are still a great tool. 

Pat,  You got me on the CentreCam software,  I hardly use that one since I am already into Mach3 when I am running my machine.  Thanks for the complements on my article.
I would have a visit with the PCNC folks, it seems like you should be able to do the video plugin that comes with Mach3.  I am not familiar with their version of Mach3 does it have the menu at the top where you can load plugins?

Arnie
MAX711

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

Would you be able to put one on the Tormach Tooling System (TTS) machinable blank?  http://www.tormach.com/Product_TTS.html#shop  (part #30475)

There are a lot of guys over on the Yahoo Tormach group that would bite your hand off if it worked with the TTS system.

Actually, now I think of it, it's no biggy to just put the shaft in a regular 3/8" TTS holder, belay the previous request Smiley

Is there any way to know how high you are above the workpiece?  That would make setting up the workpiece really quick and easy.

How do I order?
zarzul

Wyoming, USA

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »

sorry for the slow reply,  I have been so busy making camera mounts and touch probes I haven't had time to visit the forums.

You can email me at aminear@wyomingwireless.com for orders.

Thanks Arnie
zarzul

Wyoming, USA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »

I have gotten some higher resolution cameras that have 6 LEDs with a built in dimmer switch on the cord.

I have only tested these on Windows XP, haven't tried Vista.

You will need XP service pack 2 to install this one, it doesn't come with a driver disk, the driver is loaded automatically with the xp service pack 2.

When ordering if you want this higher res one, please specify, or I will send the standard one.

Thanks for all your orders
Arnie
jwlrymkr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »

Arnie, I wish I would have seen this thread when I ordered the probe.
Are you still selling these? It looks like just what I need! Will need a 1/8" shaft.
Regards,
Ken

Regards,
Ken
zarzul

Wyoming, USA

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »

Yes  I do have them,  I will have to build the shaft.  It will be around Monday before I can finish,  I am going to the lake this weekend.

Arnie
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
Print
Jump to: