Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:21:11 PM

Author Topic: Wizard update failed  (Read 4204 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Wizard update failed
« on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »
HIYA RON, The new version of the wizard failed to install properly. It errored on missing files and would NOT recognise the lic file.

I noticed that yall changed the location for the Wiz now I end up with multi copies all over the computor ??  Was there a reason NOT to use the same locations for the install?

(;-) TP
Re: Wizard update failed
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
Hi there,

I noticed that yall changed the location for the Wiz now I end up with multi copies all over the computor ??

got the same thing.  ;D   Took me two hours to clean it up since Win7 is new to me.  :P  ???

Ron,
In Config Tooltable you can coose the Toolfile locaton, it would be nice to have that for the Material File also !

The toolfiles and material files exists in Roaming and Program folder.

The rotate angle feature is nice.  :)

Alex

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 08:27:38 AM »
Yes, we probably ought to allow material table to be moved. Ill see if I can get that in to a future version.

This whole business with file locations and trying to be microsoft standard has been a pain for everyone. I would have liked the old machh3 way of just doing our own thing. Dont you love standards

Glad you like rotate, Brian wanted me to do it a long time ago, but I dragged my feet. Turns out part of the program structure Brian designed made it pretty easy.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
SO HOW do you get it to recognise the LIC file???

OK I see the problem the WIZ generated a" NEW" PC id when it loaded.

That is not going top work well(;-)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:38:37 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
Watch the yahoo list for this, Brian has been working on this. We changed the license code in 1.0.09 but if you are coming from and older version then you do get a new pcID and will need a new license. Licenses are a PIA!

1.0.11 moved the file locations around. The installer puts them all in the programFiles folder, then on the first startup of the wizard the files are moved to the correct places. The license used to be copied to the .ini file, but now is moved to the program files folder. This all seemed to work fine on my test systems,  but of course, as soon as it hits the field we find problems.