Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:30:16 AM

Author Topic: Need a way to zero my part  (Read 6653 times)

Re: Need a way to zero my part
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »
YOu don't know how much to offset until you touch off, so what good is G92/G52?  You do understand that on my workpiece the profile that was previosuly machined is not always in the same location.  The profile is accurate but its location is random and within +/-.015".   I want to be able to touch off, w/ the spindle on of course, at the start of each program and set the dros accordingly.     

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
Yes I understand what you are doing. Once you have touched off the G52/92 is but one option to use to correct the DRO display back to zero.

If I understand you correctly the refpoint of the part is always the same it is just your machine had lost position and needs to be corrected.

A simple solution is

G0 X "close to the Ref Point"  Y "Close to the ref point"   Z" safe Z"
M3 (spindle on)

Then M01  

At that point you can move around to do what you need to do then set Xzero Yzero Zzero OR to an offset value for each axis and you are ready to go. Push cycle start to restart the program.  Works here.

OR set up a refpoint for XY on your fixture plate and touch off on each axis then set the ref values for that position.

OR use a touch probe to find the positions.

There are a lot of options, just up to you as to how you what to approach it.

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »

If I understand you correctly the refpoint of the part is always the same it is just your machine had lost position and needs to be corrected.

A simple solution is

G0 X "close to the Ref Point"  Y "Close to the ref point"   Z" safe Z"
M3 (spindle on)

Then M01 

At that point you can move around to do what you need to do then set Xzero Yzero Zzero OR to an offset value for each axis and you are ready to go. Push cycle start to restart the program.  Works here.

(;-) TP

That is exactly my problem for the time being.  I'll try to incorporate the M01 in my program and see if that allows me to jog and change my dro displays.  I guess this means I have to use M1 optional stop mode?   

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
OR just do the ref offset thing before you start the program OR include the ref thing at the end of your program to reset the ref.

They are many ways it can be done.

(;-) TP