Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:37:32 AM

Author Topic: Tool Path Still Not Displaying  (Read 11878 times)

Tool Path Still Not Displaying
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Have the latest rev 1.0.6 and still having problems of the tooling path not displaying if any changes are made to the tool selection menu. Example: If the tool rpm is is changed to any number other than the default value the display will not generate a tool path. Just displays a small dot in the middle of the screen.

Actually changing ANY tool menu items... feed rate, rpm, plunge or selecting a different tool from the drop down menu will cause the no display problem. As long as you don't monkey with the default tool menu items the program works. This is the same problem rev 1.0.3 had....  so its still broken.

Seeing the Rev 1.0.6 is STILL DEFECTIVE:

1) Newfangled Solutions should remove the tool selection menu and just have manual input for RPM, Feed and Plunge.

Or A better option...

2) Don't purchase it until Newfangled Solutions can figure it out.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:22:43 PM by geh7552 »
Re: Tool Path Still Not Displaying
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
If teh tool path doesn't display its a sign the gcode has an error that stops parsing the code.

Please post a job file here that has the error so I can see whats happening.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:38:11 PM »
This has been a problem from the start with other users as well. I suggest you review your forum. Newfangled Solution is selling a defective product... very simple. It should be pulled from sales and the tool selection menu fixed or deleted and offered a refund to those who want it. It's clear Newfangled Solution is ripping off consumers.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
I follow this forum several times every day, and I have responded to every problem report. We do not release a new version for every problem, but do release one when we have enough new features to warrant it.

I assure you that the toolpath display works correctly in many hundred test cases and now for many users. Please provide me with a job file that demonstrates your problem and I will determine what is causing the problem. If it points to a bug in the code it will be fixed promptly.

If you feel you have been ripped off contact Scott at license@machsupport.com and he will refund your money.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
I can't see the tool path either. Know that you say that if there is a problem in the gcode it wont display that tool path I think that is my issue. Every time I make a program the feed rate in the program is always zero. When I load the program into mach3 I have to go in and change the feed rate to a number.

This may be the problem why I cant see the tool path on the newfangled program.

If you no why the feed rate is always created as a zero I would love to here it.

PS this is the bought version of the mill wizard.

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »
The program is supposed to test for things like feedrate of zero and throw a message box with an error.

Please post a job file here with this problem so I can see whats happening.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Here is the gode that I generated. I still have the white spot center on my screen. the code that is attached an arc with tool #1 from the tool table surface 100 chip load .0002 rpm 4500 feed 1.8 plunge .01 . I have also went to config> tooltable> loaded tool table default inch to see if that made a difference but I did not do anything.

Mark
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »
Ok, the code error is on line 24 where a G1 is called with an F 0.0

I think that was fixed, but it may be in the latest V 1.0.11 that Brian has not yet posted to the web site.

I would still like to see the job file, not the Gcode. The job file lets me reproduce your settings and entry values exactly so I can see what you did to get there. Use the Save Job button.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
I think that I have the correct file for you.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:39 PM »
Ok that is what I need. I get the result you described on the latest build. I will look at this tomorrow, to late tonight.