Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:20:06 AM

Author Topic: Pyrography.  (Read 44304 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrography.
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
Hi,

You could try turning off Constant Velocity and see if that makes any difference.

Alternately there was a Russian software that possibly made a better job than G-Ray, you could try that; https://sites.google.com/site/nikromsoft/home/programmy/drovopal (you may need to use Google or Microsoft Translate).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
Hello, Tweakie.  :D
Thank you very much for answering. I will try to prove what you tell me. The drovopal program had already seen it and it seems great but it is a little complex to use it and configure it because I have no idea of Russian and the translation is not very good.
According to the manual the program generates a Lang.ini file encoded in UTF-8 and can be translated, that would be good but when I create it (in xp because in win10 it gives an error since it can not access that address) the file appears empty and I need it in Russian to put it in the translator since I have no idea how to type in Russian or how is the correct structure of that file.
If you could tell me your experience in pyrography (I do not have laser what I use is a hot resistance).
Thank you.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2018, 01:59:54 AM »
Hi,

Sorry but I can't provide much help - I tried hot wire pyrography but did not have any real success with it so went back to laser use.
All I can suggest is that you read through the HobbyCncArt topic, following any links given, and see if it better explains the technique. http://hobbycncart.com/forum/46-234-1

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2018, 10:32:14 AM »
Thank you very much Tweaki, I will continue trying to see what happens.
One question, do you use the method of varying the feedrate also with the laser?
Greetings.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
Hi Jose,

One question, do you use the method of varying the feedrate also with the laser?

For my laser power control I use constant feed-rate and variable PWM.

Tweakie.
PEACE