Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:22:42 PM

Author Topic: Pyrography.  (Read 44409 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrography.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »
And I thought I was doing something when I filtered a thermocouple's signal in an Arduino to get a stable reading.  :-[ Lots of number crunching going on to pull off what he is doing.......... very nice.  I probably couldn't fit some of the formulas from my shoulder to my finger tips........... because that is where I write down the important stuff.  Yup, over my head and longer than my arm.  If I hadn't got all of our social security numbers tattoed on a few years ago I might still have a shot but I got tired of writing those every few days.  Now I don't have to worry about that but it did make my work area considerable shorter.  The trade off was worth it though I think.  I don't have to spend nearly as much time giving everyone the next to the last 2 digits. I don't know why they need them anyways...... I think they use them to give to their bill collectors because I get all kinds of duns from folks I never herd tell of.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 03:42:54 AM »
Hi Brett,

I know we joked about the chip implants (shortly to become a legal requirement here in the UK for all dogs) but I am sure the day will come when it will apply to humans (sort of living chip'n'pin)  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »
As more people are trying this CNC pyro-engraving and experimenting with different heated wire designs, the results are continually improving.

This is one of the latest images to be posted.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 01:59:20 AM »
I am amazed at the progress others are making with this pyrographic process and the results now speak for themselves.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »
I agree Tweakie, as impressed as I was with the first you posted these are much better. Is there any one area you would say that has had the most influence in the improved results? Hardware, software, process, material?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »
Hi Brett,

Yes, I think it is all things equally.

The software has had one or two small changes, voltage and current controlled power unit giving better control of the wire element temperature, shape of the working area (tip) of the wire element together with more flexibility in the high current connection cables (allowing better free vertical movement of the wire element) have all contributed to making the improvements. There is currently a lot of experimentation with different pre-coatings of the wood together with a search for the best type of wood to use.

Overall these guys certainly deserve my congratulations.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 03:49:39 AM »
Just some more pictures of others work which I think deserve being posted here.
Certainly Mach3 operating with variable feed-rate works extremely well once you get the hang of it.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 05:17:05 AM »
Impressive.
Maybe the duck carvers will get treated to a 3D version someday.

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:58:10 AM »
Maybe the duck carvers will get treated to a 3D version someday.

I am sure it will happen Rich, just a matter of time.  ;)

Incidentally, the hybrid (VCarve then laser image) is still in it's early days but it is progressing well. This example is not mine (credit to Jerry) but illustrates the potential.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
Hi
What is the temperature of the head? What do you think is pyrography tool 10-30w or soldering tool 50-60w suitable for the job?