Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:47:18 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516144 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2420 on: April 21, 2017, 03:29:43 AM »
Hi Patrick74,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2421 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »
Hi all and thanks for the nice invite

My name is Tom and I live in Enfield Connecticut. I was a CNC machinist for 25 years and loved working on th 5 axis milling machines and also lathes and anything else I could learn. I have recently just finished building my 4'x4' Gatton CNC. Which I am very proud of. I have purchased the Mach 3 software and am currently learning all I can about it. I'm very happy to see so many people involved in this wonderful community and look forward to learning and hopefully helping some people out.

Thanks for having me.
« Reply #2422 on: April 22, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
   HELLO CAN ANY ONE HELP ME I HAD MY CNC ROUTER WORKING AND THEN THE COMPUTER BROKE AND REPLACED WITH OTHER ONE AND IT WON'T COMUNICATE

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 25, 2017, 01:46:52 AM »
Hi

I'm new here, I have been planning to build a CNC router for years, I think I was up to design version 15 revision!!! before I committed. I had access to a commercial machine for years but when that went south it was time to get going. The machine is mostly built, I'm just waiting for some bigger cable drag chain to arrive before I can finish the wiring, unfortunately the first lot I bought was too small & the second lot went missing in the mail, hopefully the third lot will arrive this week, very frustrating. At the moment I an setting up & testing the Z & Y axis but will not be able to get into serious commissioning until the parcel arrives. I do have lots of questions though.  ;D
« Reply #2424 on: May 05, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »
Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself to the community, my name is Jim and I am from Michigan. I got here because of my interest in everything and would like to put together a CNC router table for my robotics team, do some woodworking and have some fun learning new things. I have a background in industrial electrical controls, CAD, programming and jumping into anything that looks interesting. I understand the process of CNC but have not applied it until now.

« Reply #2425 on: May 07, 2017, 03:59:26 AM »
This is Steven ,a China plastic mold and injection machine engineer,and so happy to be one member of this family.
« Reply #2426 on: May 10, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »
Hi Mach3 family. My name is Cisco. I'm a mechanical engineer in Southern California. I've been around CNC machines my entire career but thought it was time to learn more about operating them. Mach3 seemed to be a good start and I bought myself a CNC router. I'll probably end up buying a manual grizzly lathe and converting it to CNC in a near future.

With that in mind, I have a question that has probably been answered several times so looking to just get pointed in the right direction. I am looking to buy a desktop computer. From what I have researched, a Windows 7 32 bit, Intel core 2 duo will work. Can you guys recommend if I should go this route? It seems to be a pain to find this type of machine nowadays since it is pretty obsolete. Is it a complete pain to buy a 64 bit and get it up and running with Mach? Any help would be appreciated.

Once again, thanks for having me

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 11, 2017, 01:02:20 AM »
Hi Cisco,

Welcome.

The Win7 32 bit requirement is for using the Parallel Port for PC / Machine communication.
If you use an external motion controller (there are many different types / manufacturers available - I use a Warp9 ESS) then you can use a 64 bit computer running Win10, if you choose.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2428 on: May 11, 2017, 09:01:15 AM »
Hello,

This is Mariya and i'm new here. live in Toronto Canada. my profession is content marketing but i like to contribute some discussion where my knowledge would be increase.

Cheers.
« Reply #2429 on: May 11, 2017, 10:57:03 PM »
Hi my name Charlie. I started building a cnc plasma table for about 8 months on and off. Very new to mach3 and thc having issue with the probing  so if someone can help would very much like that.