Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:03:03 AM

Author Topic: Errors and Crashing on XP  (Read 7882 times)

Errors and Crashing on XP
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »
Hello All

Originally when i first got this software it worked fine for about a day no install problems everything was fine, then the first problem i noticed was it would fail to display
when drilling in any operation id re install it and would come fine then continued to work but soon after that when ever id even try to do a drill operation the software would completely crash i then would re-install it and again it would come fine for a short while and then after running it for an hour also the problem would return. now the software totally crashes and on trying to launch the software again after selecting job settings displays an error message saying

Mem map file sharing exception: "C:\Documents and Settings\shop\local settings\application data\NFS_MillDisplay0.dat"

From which the software would continue to crash. Advice?

Ben Cooper
BC Fabrications

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Errors and Crashing on XP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:36:40 AM »
What software are you refering to? NFS software and do you have a license? Mach3?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »
N
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »
Sorry for the above, my cat likes the key board.

NewFangled Mill Wizard, and yep licensed. i can post a screen shot if you'd like

Ben Cooper
BC Fabrications
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »
NFS_MillDisplay0.dat is the display map file that the wizard uses. If you are having a crash that leaves that file open then a later startup will fail. Are you trying to run 2 copies of the wizard? Did you open one copy and 'loose' it behind another window?

I dont think a re-install should do much, but a re-boot would clear any open files. After a crash its hard to say what was left open or locked. A re-boot clears all.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
Thanks Ron That makes sense, after a reboot the software runs up until the point i try to do a drill pattern and then nothing is displayed and crashes shortly after.
ill be in the shop later today and ill have a play with it and post some more info. im really keen to get this software going, when it works its fantastic really simple and fast and when the full versions out id love to use it in my other shops it could potentially save a lot of time.

Ben Cooper
BC Fabrications
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
There is a know bug in the toolpath display code that does the drill cycles wrong. This is the first I have heard of it crashing, it has just drawn the lines incorrectly.

The toolpath code actually has a full gcode interpreter built in it. it is a code module that is part of Mach4 and used in the wizard. Brian is supposed to get it fixed up 'real soon now'.

can you post a job file here that causes the crash. Id like to see if I can repeat it.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »
Hey guys sorry this has taken a while for me to upload. but here is the job file as well as a screen shot. hope the software gets worked out soon. cheers for the help.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »
Ok, that crashed on my system too, so I have something to look at.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
That is related to to the known bug in the toolpath handling G73 in metric mode. It draws the line for the hole probably without scaling for metric, so it comes out real long. On some systems it draws Ok, just way to long. On some video cards with smaller buffers it blows up. Brian is working on it

We are about ready to post a new release with several features. We will wait  until the toolpath is fixed to release it.