Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:16:58 AM

Author Topic: Mach3screen  (Read 10269 times)

Offline DMF

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Mach3screen
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
I'm trying to program a game controller. I initiate KeyGrabber. When I click Start Screen Designer I get an error message Unable to run Mach3Screen.exe. How do I correct this?
David
Re: Mach3screen
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »
Hi David,

is Mach3Screen.exe in your Mach3 directory?

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline DMF

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
No, it is not.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:45:53 AM »
Hi David,

OK, please download Mach3Screen to your computer and unzip it to your Mach3 directory. if you installed Mach3 into the default directory it will be C:\Mach3. If you want to use one of the other screen designers download one of those and rename it to Mach3Screen.exe, that should work also.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline DMF

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »
Head way! I can now load ScreenGrabber, I've got the game controller loaded and marked Yes in HID devices, and Start Screen Designer working. However, the game controller appears to be sending a signal that KeyGrabber is interpreting as an Axis 3 Minus 2. Watch Dog 1 keeps flashing several times a second. Using Windows Game Controller the game controller checks good and stable. Is there something in XP or Screen Grabber to check?

Offline DMF

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
I changed direction. I returned the Microsoft XBox Game Controller. After many hours on line with MicroSoft an online help person asked me to read the package carefully. That's when I noticed that the controller required XP SP2. That's 'XP SP2' not 'SP2 or higher'.
I bought a SteelSeries 3GC controller at Game Stop for $20 and loaded JoyPad Plugin for Mach3 V2. It still took a lot of reading and rereading the User Manual but it is loaded and works.

Now give me directions to the thread that discusses a touch block for zeroing axis.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 07:53:50 AM »
Now give me directions to the thread that discusses a touch block for zeroing axis.

DMF,

If you return to the main page and do a search for Auto Tool Zero you will find many threads there.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE