Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:31:16 AM

Author Topic: My converted HM32 Mill to "5 Axis" Eventually  (Read 8702 times)

My converted HM32 Mill to "5 Axis" Eventually
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
work in progress chaps! have up to the 4th axis operational only need to make the plates to fit the 5TH so wont be long now..here is a small vid of the converted mill
I have double antibacklsh nuts on each ballscrew so you can preload them by twisting them against each other works great here are a couple small vids
http://youtu.be/BcRMUh4GWWU

Have fitted a touch screen IR glass to my monitor and now its getting nice to use will post some more pics As I go along

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: My converted HM32 Mill to "5 Axis" Eventually
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
 :)  I think somebody has the CNC bug.  Neat machine.  I like the handles, round and smooth.  My Bridgeport clone has some real n**T knockers on it.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:57 AM »
I can still remember the feeling of the first time the first machine runs under CNC after all the hard work that has been put in :)
Just watch the bonce on the spider handle ;D

Hood

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 04:32:48 AM »
Hey BladeRunner,

Nice work on the HM32. I watched your Youtube video and it looks and runs great.

Do you still have any plans for the HM32 setup? I would be most appreciative if you were willing to part with them.

I have built an 1170mm x 735mm flat bed CNC for timber but I wanted to convert my HM32 to CNC for some time now (and eventually my lathe too).

Cheers,

Baz

work in progress chaps! have up to the 4th axis operational only need to make the plates to fit the 5TH so wont be long now..here is a small vid of the converted mill
I have double antibacklsh nuts on each ballscrew so you can preload them by twisting them against each other works great here are a couple small vids
http://youtu.be/BcRMUh4GWWU

Have fitted a touch screen IR glass to my monitor and now its getting nice to use will post some more pics As I go along