Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:42:26 AM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173393 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2017, 05:47:20 AM »
ChinaCNCzone have no shame - once it was the Papa Fabio pirate license, now it is the MaoA˜A ¯Ðtonar pirate license.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »
 ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »
I think to be fair to the purchaser you have to consider their position. I have bought different kinds of electronic equipment and often they have sample or limited versions of other companies software. They are a cooperation to give you the ability to use the piece of equipment and to introduce another's compatible software.  When I bought my Chinese CNC Router, I had no idea what I was getting in to and was going for the challenge. So the softwre that cam with it at the time I had no idea it was bootlegged software.  Whether it is legal or not, The Chinese business people have a peculiar way of doing things, As Americans we do things a certain way, which the world may not do thing the same way. So when we get products from off shore, we tend to be more relaxed about the ways other my except things. So when I tried to load the software and a bunch was in Chinese, I went to the Mach 3 sight to compare, which was clearly in English, so I bought the real deal. I didn't know till later that the Chinese disk was bootleg. So point is, sometime the customer is not aware of these issues till later like myself.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:41:08 AM by Dreamaker »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 02:00:38 AM »
There is no justification for using Pirate software.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »
I didn't use the counterfeit software, after I realized it was garbage' I bought the software directly from Mach 3 web site. I am not justifying anything, I just had no idea it was counterfeit. The End!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
I agree !00% that different cultures do things differently. Take your example of the machine you (Dreammaker) bought. If it were me I would have sent a copy of the demo (or a link to get it from NewFangled) and a profile for the machine I built (particularly since I am the only one that possibly could at this point) and instructions on how to install the profile. Actually, I would build an installer that does it all for you. Then the machine would actually work and work right. Also I wouldn't be taking advantage of the software developer, their support system or those buying my product. Then all the end user would need to do is buy a legitimate license and they could be running production. Imagine that. They could provide more for less and do so while not being thieves of software or misleading those buying their product.

I also would not supply software with viruses and spyware (which most pirated software includes). As a manufacturer why in the world would you supply something to the end user that would be far far better off had you not supplied it? Well, it is more than obvious the desired result is not value for money.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:19:26 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2017, 04:42:32 AM »
It is that simple really. They just spent thousands on a machine but the software they can pirate. Bull********* story I say. And it is not just Mach3 it is also Sheetcam. I am an agent for both and then he wants me to service him on both packages with his licenses that are stolen.

But surely it is simple (and good business too)!
Payment up front for the first support, and the payment includes a genuine license. It may well be a case of customer ignorance, and it does no harm to politely explain to the customer that he needs a license 'upgrade' before you can help him. You don't have to tell him he has a pirate version; just tell him it is an 'unsupported and obsolete' version. If he accepts your terms - well and good. If he rejects them - that is HIS decision.

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »
Here's another one I've gotten a few of recently: CEFETSC. At least one vendor on eBay is selling these licenses. They are not valid and not supported, despite what the seller says.
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
If this is true as you say, have you considered contacting EBay and sharing this information with them. I am sure they would not like pirating going their site, and they would appreciate your input.
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »
eBay actually doesn't care all that much. My only hope is that customers who come forward with these pirated licenses will leave negative feedback and prevent others from making the same mistake.
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial