Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:05:46 AM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173885 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »
Further to me posting an issue where an ebay supplier was advertising 'Smooth stepper' boards that turned out not to be Smooth Stepper at al and they were also sending out a 'Crack' for Mach 3.
I am happy to receive a communication from them that they will remove the words 'Smooth Stepper' from their advert and that the Crack to the licence will also be removed from their install CD,

I call that a result.

Regards to all.

George
One step at a time!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
A result indeed George  :)

Let's just hope they keep to their word.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »
Hi my name is Bill I just bought a cnc machine a hobby machine so I'm not very familar with cnc, I just hooked up a uc100 to my laptop and got it all set up, the problem though is that when I turn the control box on it won't jog my machine any suggestions?
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »
Hello, I don't believe in pirated myself, they should all be in the ground. Just hurts the guy's trying to do it right.

I'm trying real hard, just have enough smarts to get into trouble with computers. And I am in trouble - does anyone live close to NW Indiana that I could get in touch with to get this stuff to work.
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Ok now I am going to look really stupid. I have the computer up and running n(the one with Mach three and the CNC. The one I am using to converse with you nest to it. Where do I find the xml files

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 01:45:04 AM »
Ok now I am going to look really stupid. I have the computer up and running n(the one with Mach three and the CNC. The one I am using to converse with you nest to it. Where do I find the xml files

Hi Cliff,

Your current .xml file is named Mach3Mill.xml (or whatever profile you are currently using .xml) and it is located in the Mach3 folder. Previous (backup) .xml files are located in the Mach3 / xmlbackups folder.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »
I read so many posts about pirated software and for that life of me I can't see why anyone with such a big investment in a CNC would even consider not paying the $175 for a license.

I'm retrofitting a Shizouka mill now and after I get it running and verify Mach will work for me I'll buy the license ASAP.  A 500 line limit is something I can't live with :-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 08:27:01 AM »
I read so many posts about pirated software and for that life of me I can't see why anyone with such a big investment in a CNC would even consider not paying the $175 for a license.

I'm retrofitting a Shizouka mill now and after I get it running and verify Mach will work for me I'll buy the license ASAP.  A 500 line limit is something I can't live with :-)

We have found that in many cases, where people buy machines / controllers / etc. from China, they are supplied with a disk containing a copy of Mach3 together with a pirate license and often these disks come with additional, pirated CAD / CAM  software. Those purchasing and using these components are often unaware that the license is fake and genuinely believe they have purchased the real thing. Once it has been pointed out to them many then go on to buy the genuine licence having found there are a few machine operational problems when using the fake license.

As you say $175 is a small price to pay for such excellent software.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
I purchased a mill and it came with files and a license...  The seller assured me that the license was good and so I used it..

The mill stalled at 500 lines and so I just assumed the license was bad..
I went ahead and purchased a new license but now I just wanted to know if the license I had was valid?

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
What is the serial number and name that comes up with the license. It should be visible at the top on the window bar.