Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:25:09 AM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173364 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
Doesn't really matter where it comes from.  Like most legit resellers, if we encounter a bogus license, we sell the customer a license.  We've encountered two such licenses doing controller retrofits on Chinese machines.  I don't think the customers knew that the licenses were bogus.  They buy these machines from China (EBay) and just assume that the software and licensees are good.  There is no need to make any of it public because eventually they will need help...Especially if they were unfortunate enough to buy Chinese junk.  All we have to do is make it clear that there will be no help until they buy a license.  Most won't let $175 get in the way of getting their machine running.

I think most Chinese machines are coming with bogus licenses.  Anyone looking for help with such a machine should be questioned regarding the license.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
Looks like we may have another re-seller to add to our list ? http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24597.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 06:18:17 AM »
I have bought a chinese milling machine via the UK importer - It came with a licence for Mach3. How do I know if this is a genuine licence or pirated?

David Wright

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:41 AM »
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, licenses purchased with Chinese machines almost all turn out to be pirated but you can check your licence by contacting Scott  at license@machsupport.com. he will be able to verify it's authenticity.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 05:21:55 AM »
Well after checking with Scott it appears that my licence is a valid bona fide one after all - so not all chinese machinery is supplied with pirated licences
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 05:32:48 AM »
I have to wonder how many others have that same license that you have. It would be great if all with a Chinese supplied machine actually checked the license.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 06:26:06 AM »
Good point you have raised Marius.

New Mach3 licenses are sold directly or via approved agents – Obviously that particular Chinese equipment UK importer is an approved agent so my commendations to David for diligently checking his license details.

There will always be piracy and unscrupulous dealers in the same way as there will always be crime – it cannot be eliminated, but with cooperation from our community it can be managed.

Tweakie. 
PEACE
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
This topic will be dedicated to those who pedal off pirated copies of Mach.  You will receive no support here if you do business with them and if you see a vendor listed here I strongly urge you to buy from someone else.  If you know of any more just reply to the topic and I will add them to the following list.

Brett

1) unirobotics.co.za

Has anyone contacted these guys in connection with the pirate license issue. I see he still advertises Mach bundled with some other stuff at a price that is impossible if he paid for Mach. I have to do a call on a customer that has bought from him so I just wanted to know what the official position is as far as Mach goes.
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 12:14:25 AM »
I have a store bought plasma table or should say eBay bought and it has a legal mach3 with it but I did buy a different machine with a bootleg of mach3, I am wondering if I could still use the good copy on my other machines, I am building a larger plasma and also in the process of building a 3d printer and setting my mill and lathe cnc...am I aloud to use the one copy on all or did I take a loss on the bad copy? I did pay extra for it not knowing it was a bad copy
Thanks
Ed

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 01:50:28 AM »
I have a store bought plasma table or should say eBay bought and it has a legal mach3 with it but I did buy a different machine with a bootleg of mach3, I am wondering if I could still use the good copy on my other machines, I am building a larger plasma and also in the process of building a 3d printer and setting my mill and lathe cnc...am I aloud to use the one copy on all or did I take a loss on the bad copy? I did pay extra for it not knowing it was a bad copy
Thanks
Ed

Hi Ed, the official line is...

Without a license, Mach3 will operate in Demo mode. While in Demo mode, the software has the following limitations:
Mill & Plasma: 500 line gcode limit (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
Turn: 50 line gcode limit (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
Kernel Frequency locked at 25kHz (only applicable if using the parallel port driver)
Set Next Line function disabled
Run From Here function disabled
Turn: Threading disabled
Plasma: THC functions disabled
Non-commercial users (aka hobbyists) are permitted to use one Mach license for as many machines as they require. For commercial users (anybody who uses the software to generate profit), we require a separate license purchase for each machine. Mach1, Mach2, and Mach3 may all be used on one computer, but only one version of each will co-exist on a single computer.

A license is only required on the computer actually running a machine. If a computer not connected to a machine is used to test code, please use Mach3 in Simulation mode – it will remove the 500 line limit. Simulation mode can be accessed by uninstalling (or not installing) the Parallel Port Driver. The Add-ons for Mill will only work with a licensed copy of Mach3 as this software is an Add-on, and not a stand-alone product.

Hard Copies (a disk) of the downloadable content are available directly from a 3rd party.

Tweakie.
PEACE