Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:04:52 AM

Author Topic: Problem w/ USS initial write of XML  (Read 3643 times)

Problem w/ USS initial write of XML
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
Ok, my system is XP SP3.  I am using SS 17F, USB driver 2.08.28, and I have tried Mach3 build 66 and 67.   AMD mobo with dual core processor, Nvidia graphics card.  The problem is that I cannot successfully write the initial XML file.  If I try to set the parameters from the pull down menu, I get a write error on exit - with a low byte count.   If I then reboot, nothing is stored.   If I accept the default parameters, I go into hourglass and never come out.   Click on the e-stop reset locks up M3 and I can't kill it with Task Manager.  Suggestions?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Problem w/ USS initial write of XML
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »
The first thing to do is drop back to Mach3 .062 the newer versions multiple bugs that cause numerous problems. You can a link to this version on the documentation section of my website, www.soigeneris.com or of the Mach FTP site. The next thing to do is to make sure that your XML file is not write protected and that the permissions are set so that Mach3 can write to it. Sometimes Windows will block a file when it is downloaded from the internet and you have to right click / unblock it before you can change it. 
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:02:13 PM »
Jeff-
   Thanks for the reply.  Before I read it, I did get the basics working using the 17fd plugin.  I have not done much yet except to test axis movement and spindle operation.  I am replacing a working parallel port system with a new desktop that contains the SS board in the chassis.   So now that I have gotten thiis far - do you suggest I drop back to the 62 build?
      Bruce

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
I would use .062. There is a thread in the general Mach section of the forum that details all the problems with .066 .067 if your interested.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt