Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:00:25 PM

Author Topic: configuring Alphacam postprocessor for 5 axis mill  (Read 9353 times)

configuring Alphacam postprocessor for 5 axis mill
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »

Hello!

I need some help in the configuring of Alphacam postporcessor.

I have an simultaneous 5-axis, custom-made milling machine drived by the Mach3 software, and i like to take advantege of its capabilities, but i'm stuck in the setting up of the postprocessor. I think i made the representation of the machine in the Alphacam well, but i can't set the limits of the axes for example. I modifying the 'Alpha Standard 5 ax Mill.amp' postprocessor.

I found a line, which is responsible for one of the axes:

Code: [Select]
    $570 4/5 axis Max angle (degrees). Set to 0 to indicate 3 - axis machine.

If i changing the number, then making a path on a chamfer for example, the max angle of the B axis gets limited in the simulation, but it takes no matter - the generation of the path is the same with smaller angle as i do not limited it. How can i plead with the Alphacam to do the calculations with the given values? And how can i set the max angle for the other axes?

The Y and Z moves is made by the tool side of the machine (the blue parts of it: HEAD, B AXIS, C AXIS, JIG), for the X positioning the TABLE moves.

AXIS   MIN       DEFAULT   MAX

B     -90 deg    0 deg      +90 deg
C       0 deg    0 deg     +180 deg

In the declaration of B and C axes i can set up the machine to any of the styles above, but i like to use the signed formula if it is possible.  I found a line in the help of the Alphaedit (the postprocessor editor of the Alphacam), i thought if i put it in the postprocessor, it will solve the problem of the signed angles, but nothing happend:

Code: [Select]
    $577 Allow Positive and Negative Tilt (1 = Yes, 0 = No)

Should i set a minimum, not just the maximum angle for the axes? But i didn't find any info about how can i do this.

Is there a whitepaper, or anything else which can help me to set up the postprocessor? My only help is the help of the Alphaedit, nothing else.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: configuring Alphacam postprocessor for 5 axis mill
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:19:23 PM »
Have you tried talking to ALPHACAM ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:50:38 AM »
Hi
How I can off auto numbering in post file?
thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:07:32 AM »
Hello,
hope you can help:
I need to modify Alphacam PP that the Output
of Arcs is in IJK-Format instead of R-Format.
Thankfull for any Help,
Havefun