Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:53:18 AM

Author Topic: Pointer to current version  (Read 51341 times)

Pointer to current version
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Welcome to the support forum for the Mill Wizard for Mach4. I expect to keep all the support issues on this forum.  Im sure there will be reports on teh Yahoo group as well, but I will try to steer them here, because we can post photos, screen shots and code here to better explain problems

The product description page for this wizard is at http://www.newfangledsolutions.com/mill_wiz.php

The download link is the normal Mach download page, http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:01:20 AM by Ron Ginger »
Re: Pointer to current version
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:46:03 AM »
I have downloaded the software several times.  Every time I run the installer, I get an error 'Error opening file for writing NFS_Mill.EXE'.  If I click on the ignore button, another error message pops up 'Error opening file for writing NFSMillHelp.htb'  Any Ideas what is wrong?

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:55:31 AM »
Please ignore last post, I read the post about install problems and found the one about running the install as administrator.  That worked.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »
Brian just uploaded a updated version.  :)  Everyone giving it a play should update.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »
Brett beat me to it.

Yes a new version is up and it has several changes.

I have added an operation for User Entered Gcode. This will let you insert any gcode, anywhere in the program between operations. This might be useful to enter comments to document setups, or material or whatever you need. Any Gcode you enter will be displayed in the toolpath if it generates moves.

I added an operation called Tool Strategy.  There are times when you want to change tool parameters, but not make a tool change- like changing feed rate, or spindle RPM, or ramp angle.

Brian changed the circle cut routine to generate spirals instead of the previous zig-zag cut. Now the tool will just keep making circles, ramping down over whatever arc length is needed to meet the ramp spec.

I changed the rectangle routine to do helical ramps down to step depth, then an arc lead-in and arc lead-out. It now has a groove option that uses teh zig-zag ramp into the work, but cuts only a grove.

Brian fixed a bug in the toolpath screen that didnt handle metric G73 correctly. This one in some systems could cause a crash.

A few other clean up kind of fixes were made.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
Hi Ron,

the toolpath in drill looks fine now.

I really like the User G-Code and Tool Strategy feature. I find it really useful.  :)

Just found that the values in Tool Strategy has not been saved.

Saved the file, closed the file, ( or closed the Wizard ) and then reopened the file ( or open the Wizard )

and looked into tool strategy, all values are Zero.

Regards Alex
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:15:26 PM »
Thanks for the note about the new features.

Ok, I can repeat that Tool Strategy problem. Ill get on it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:39:55 PM by Ron Ginger »
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »
Ok, I think I have a fix.

Use the attached .zip file, expand it to NfsMill.exe and replace your current .exe. This will still show the same version number

let me know how it goes.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
It's working fine now.  :)

Alex
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »
Hi Ron,
just tried ver 1.09 and found the PC ID is different. Its only running in demo mode.
1.06 is still fine and I see the old ID. ( Same PC without changes )

cheers
Alex