Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:11 AM

Author Topic: PowerFeed XY  (Read 10421 times)

PowerFeed XY
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
I think it would be nice to be able to step x , y, z   positive or negative so you could back tool out to rapid back.  For instance if you are milling on the side of stock.
Re: PowerFeed XY
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
I think you can. The Step X, Y, Z buttons all allow negative number entry, and the value in the DRO is simply added to the current position, so adding a negative number should work.

Let me know if this is not what you meant.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
I actually meant two buttons for each axis, one to add the dro, the other subtracts the dro.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Ok, I see. I am afraid that screen is already badly overcrowded, so Id hate to be adding more buttons to it. I hope to be doing something lie it with the new mach4, and there we have a much larger choice of screen widgets. Maybe that can be worked in there.

Thanks for the feedback
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:53:20 PM »
Hi Have just used the powerfeed add  in for the first time.

Most features seem to be working ok, apart from feed hold ( space Bar) , which appears to do nothing , even when running a feed cycle from one location to another.

also when i press the tab key , a black screen about 3 inches wide opens up on the right . I presume this should be the jog screen.

The system is licenced correctly and shows version 1.1 I an using mach3 v R3.043.066

any ideas ?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 07:42:29 AM »
The wizard does not use the TAB screen, so its blank, but the TAB key is built in to mach3 so it still opens the screen. I guess I never thought the TAB jog functions would be needed on a screen that had all the jog control.

I don't understand why the space bar doesn't work- that is a mach3 function and the wizard does not change it. Does the space bar work in normal mach3 screen, not a wizard? There is a  table of hot key  functions in one of the mach config menus that sets these.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
Hi Referring to the comments about extra buttons.

I would like to see to additional check boxes, on for x and Y , so when on, and  one them was checked,  the system would automatically track back and forward  in the x or y axix.

While this was running , You could then click on the x or y offset to say add .1 mm etc to create slots, automatically etc. etc

Cheers

Mark