Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:20:30 PM

Author Topic: Screen 2010 Questions  (Read 5365 times)

Screen 2010 Questions
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
First though, the simple auto zero is really great!!!  Working with wood is a special pain in knowing where the top of the material is.

That said, the simple auto zero worked perfect yesterday about 5 times.  Today, it worked the first time and then rather than 1 mm rise after the first touch it went about 0.75" up.  Then it never traveled all the way to the plate for second read.  It seemed to time out about 3/8" down.  If I closed Mach3, it would work again one time.  When it works correctly the tool is 0.751 over the material and just off the conductive metal block.  The plate thickness is set to 0.750 and clearance plane to 0.751. 

Second thing is that if I use the tab key to pull up the diagnostic screen, the diagnostic screen right side is hidden off the monitor.  The monitor is 17" set to 1024 x 768.  I've tried other screen settings with the same results.  I also can't move it with the mouse.  Any suggestions?

Steve.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Screen 2010 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »

That said, the simple auto zero worked perfect yesterday about 5 times.  Today, it worked the first time and then rather than 1 mm rise after the first touch it went about 0.75" up.  Then it never traveled all the way to the plate for second read.  It seemed to time out about 3/8" down. 

Steve.

When this happens, check the message bar on the screen. Most likely you'll see "Z axis is now zeroed." If that is the case, then there's a 99.9% chance that noise is triggering the probe input. Most people who experience this add a small capacitor across the input, which usually fixes it.

When it works correctly the tool is 0.751 over the material and just off the conductive metal block.  The plate thickness is set to 0.750 and clearance plane to 0.751. 

I'd set the clearance plane higher. You're counting on the wood to be perfectly flat everywhere, and the plate to be perfectly tight to the wood everywhere. There's a very good chance the tool will drag across the plate at some point. Especially if you use the tool change auto zero.

Second thing is that if I use the tab key to pull up the diagnostic screen, the diagnostic screen right side is hidden off the monitor.  The monitor is 17" set to 1024 x 768.  I've tried other screen settings with the same results.  I also can't move it with the mouse.  Any suggestions?

This is a common Mach3 issue that also effects the standard screenset. On page 4 of the 2010 manual, at the bottom, is an explanation of  how to fix it.
To position the Diagnostics screen, press the tab key 3 times, once to open it, once to close it, and again to
open it. Now drag the left edge until it is fully opened. Now close it with the tab key, or the X in the upper
right corner. Close and restart Mach3 to save it's position.

If you have any further 2010 Screenset questions, please ask them in this thread. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,17004.0.html
I get email notifications of posts in that thread, but may not see questions posted in new threads.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html