Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:33:03 AM

Author Topic: Celtic Cross  (Read 14293 times)

Celtic Cross
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Hi all. Looking to make a Celtic Cross for a friend whose father passed away. The services are Thursday and I was going to try to have it done by Thursday morning. I have been looking for g-code or a file that can be converted to create a 3D type cross. I have access to Artcam 2008 and Mastercam X5 or X6. I know it can be created in Artcam but I really haven't used it much and would have a tough time getting it done in time. If somebody has a file that can be opened in one of those that has the reliefs in it already that would be great.

Also,
any sites where users can share their files? I have found a few, including this one, but wondered if there are some I don't know about.

Thanks in advance.   
Re: Celtic Cross
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
couple I made real quick, along with a stl import and mod.
Easy to make in Artcam
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
Nice. Thanks. I actually downloaded the one in the link from Ostie01. Started cutting it but broke the only 1/16" ball nose I had. So not looking like I will be able to get it done in time. I have a .060 end mill but not sure how it would turn out. I was trying to rush it to get it all cut tonight so I could stain it tomorrow night.

Thanks again. Maybe someday I can pay it back. Still new to this stuff so just learning.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
You created those from scratch in Artcam? Or did you import the cross shape and add the textures? I have been teaching myself Mastercam for the past few months with a little help from a CNC guy at work. I tried drawing a plain cross in Artcam but not much luck. Was beginning to think it wasn't possible and I would have to import a plain one and add the features.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »
Yes, all created vectors and joined, then cut out the Celtic weave in the inner cross. Cross was just two rectangles, trimmed then rejoined to create the closed shape. Then did a vector offset of the cross for the outside shape. Whole thing took 30 minutes tops. Took longer to join the parallel lines to create the cross hatch weave. Just because it is tedious process. You have to learn to use layers for vectors and reliefs.

Good Luck
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'll hve to work on that ;D