Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:10:43 PM

Author Topic: Write Wizard - Having some trouble  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Zig

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Write Wizard - Having some trouble
« on: December 24, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
I've been playing around with the write wizard and can't get it to send any code to Mach3.  It keeps giving me an error and won't transfer.  I'm new to Mach3 and am learning as I go here.  All suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks,
Zig
Re: Write Wizard - Having some trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
The Write wizard is not part of the Newfangled set. It was written and submitted by a mach user.

If you look in some of the general topics you will see lots of discussion about Write. I believe there are two true statements. 1) write does really work, 2) Everyone has a big problem using it.

The good news is that the new version of the newfangled wizards, which is now about done and ready to ship, does have a write function that is easy to use and works well.  I have posted a couple youtube videos showing how the new wizards work, but I have not detailed the engrave function yet. It will probably be in the next video, maybe in a day or two. See the topic inthis section for discussion of the V4 wizards.

Offline Zig

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Re: Write Wizard - Having some trouble
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 02:47:25 PM »
Ron,
Thanks for the reply.  I did get it to work by just trying lots of different combinations of entries but it was sorta funky.  An alternate thing I figured out to do text/engraving was by downloading Deskengrave (a free online download), picking a font (there are a ton of them in that simple program), and then opening up the Deskengrave file in Lazy Cam.  After that I shot it over to Mach3 and it opened up and ran fine.  (At least it ran fine on this laptop that I'm playing around with - I haven't tried a real cut with it, but the g-code was generated and Mach ran through it fully as if it was operating the machine.)

Still having trouble getting SketchUCam in Sketchup to convert/generate any g-code through the Phlatboys plugin.  I've downloaded that and installed it per the instructions but no code.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing but I'm lost as to what I'm doing wrong.

Dan