Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:15:57 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Cuts During Rapids?  (Read 4123 times)

Plasma Cuts During Rapids?
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »
So I am still pretty new to LazyCam and Mach3 but I am starting to get a hang of things. My designs have been cutting just fine except when there is a code for a rapid movement to start at a new spot in the drawing like when the middle section has been cut, it rapids out to the outer cut to finish cutting the design out. Every time a rapid is performed, the plasma cutter doesn't turn off and during the rapid, it leaves a groove in my plate (it goes to fast to cut all the way through). Anybody have any ideas on why it might be doing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Cuts During Rapids?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »
What does you Gcode look like ?? Does it issue the correct M5 to shut off the plasma ? OR is it issuing a M3 on the start of the rapid?

LazyCam is NOT a good CAM solutions for plasma work. You may want to check out SheetCam. One of the best low cost CAM's for plasma work. and is VERY WELL supported by it author.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:26:34 PM by BR549 »
Re: Plasma Cuts During Rapids?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »
Well I don't really understand the gcode very well but I do believe that there is no stop code before the rapid command and a restart when the rapid is finished. Previous I had thought this was the issue but couldn't find anywhere that would tell me how to an what to change on my code or even what to look for. As for using lazycam, I don't haveuch of an option since I'm using the cutting table from the college and I would want to pay for a program that I would use just a few times.