Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:48:57 AM

Author Topic: Jogging A axis at .0001 problem  (Read 8258 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging A axis at .0001 problem
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »
Hi, Lee

I'm using a sherline table but not there controller, If you want the dro to desplay properly you need to take the number of steps it takes to

make one complete turn of the table, divide it by 360, enter that value in steps per.

The Dia setting in settings page is for part size being cut, larger part slower feed rate, smaller part faster feed rate.

My settings (using 10 Micro-step control) are one turn 144072 dev by 360 = steps per 400.2, vel 2500, accl 500.

haven't checked the table for proper feed rates, But it has fast rotation.

Hear is a file set to .5 in settings page

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
I cant say for sure but the format for Flash screens are as below, I haven't double check in Mach yet:  ???
you would change 4 to draw out the decimals: " +%.4f "

The below are some other format's

/////////////////DRO FORMAT/////////////////////////////////////////

// " %D:%H:%M:%S"/////Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds/////////

////the below format you would change 4 to draw out the decimals////////////
//  " +%.4f " ////(f)loating point number, (4) decimal points, (+) or - /////////

// " %i " ///integer, no decimals /////////////

// " %x " ////hex number//////////////

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:12:31 PM by zealous »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
Thanks guys fot the help.

I find that I have to run the steps above 4000 to get the stepper to work at a minimally acceptable level. So, I guess I am stuck with 16000 for now. Thanks for the formatting commands Zealous. Do you have any more, or a location where I can download them? Chip, what controller and steppers are you running?  I may talk myself into getting a 2nd one sometime. Chip, thanks for the tip on the A Axis dia. That is a nice little feature that was put in Mach 3 . I'll remember that.

Thanks again
Lee

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:13:19 PM »
Hi, Lee

Sherline stepper motor wired Bipolar surplus control, It can be wired un-poler which is factory default

Try setting the Dir LowActive and Step Low Ac.. in ports & pins setup page one at a time some stepper control boards are sensitive to leading and trailing edge pulses.

If this helps you can change direction in Motor Home/Soft Limits setup page,the proffered way because of the leading/trailing issues

Sent you a PM

Just something else, Chip

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:57 PM »
I'm having the same trouble. I found that 320 is my magic number and with 600 inch per minute and 8 as velocity the table turns nicely with G0 positioning. But even with diameter control enabled no diameter can be small enough to come up with any useful rotary a-axis feed rate. It would take about an hour to turn the table once while all other axis move correctly. I'd LOVE to know how to fix that. I fear I have to give my machine back if there is no solution to the a-axis challenge.
Lemo
Cut five times and still to short...

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »
Strangely a third PC solved the issue. MAch3 seems to need the 'right' PC with the 'right' chipset.
I start to believe that Mach3 will grow fur and long claws once full moon arrives...
Lemo
Cut five times and still to short...