Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 03:32:36 AM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 193451 times)

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
clicked the wrong button  ::)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »
Got a bit of the inside painted, looked a bit white at first but after a bit more was painted it started to look ok. Dont suppose it will stay white for long anyway ;D
It seems to be good paint as I had applied some earlier in the week to an uprepared surface just to check it was going to apply and harden ok and when I tried to sand it down the next day it was quite a task, thankfully I had only done about 1m²

Also got the spindle motor running via the CSMIO, couldnt get it to run as a spindle axis at first so tried it set up as an A Axis and got it working, the AutoTune worked very nicely as well. The Spindle Axis option doesnt have AutoTune but as I had already found the numbers  needed by setting as an A it was just a case of typing them in and it ran very nicely :)
The reason I couldnt get the spindle axis working at first was I had missed that I had to enter the encoder count and accel in the plugin, I had just assumed it was motor tuning I needed them like you do for an axis.
 One good thing about setting it as the A first is it let me see what I can expect when I get as far as setting up the axis. The DROs in Mach are constantly updated from the encoders so even if you disable the drives and wind by hand Mach knows where it is :)

Couple of pics of the inside below, hope to get more done over the weekend . As its deadly stuff and a respirator must be used  I will just be doing before I leave each night, that will allow me to get on with some wiring before I paint, well as long as no one notices I am there and needs some work done ;D

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Oh another nice feature with the spindle axis is you can tell it in the plugin to stop at any angle you wish which could be handy for a tool changer.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »
That thang is getn purdier and purdier every day!   ;D

Looking good Hood, looking good.

Nice that Machs DROs update with the encoders even if the drives are diasbled.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
Hi Hood,

Yes, it's starting to look good.
Didn't know the CSMIO had an Auto Tune option. Sounds great! Also the DROs keeping track of the axes backwards very interesting.

Dan

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
Wow, I just caught up a bit, you've really gone to town with her, she looks great, my friend-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
Thanks guys, always look better in pics than real life I think ;D I still have a lot to paint but after the inside is done then most of it is panels so wont take long to do.

Yes Dan, the Analogue version  now has autotuning for the PID and it seems to work very well from what I see. Obviously your drive has to be tuned fairly well first. If however you were using current control in your drive then I would imagine there would be minimal tuning required in it.
 I hope to get the Lexium drives completely wired soon so will see how the auto tuning in them is, I will be using speed control I think.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »
Hood,

Curious, would you have been able to use the spindle as an axis if you weren't using the encoder module?

Also, why do you prefer velocity mode? Thought torque mode was the preferred one. Mariss describes it very well in this thread:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo_motors_drives/66964-what_-_torque_mode_position_mode_speed_velocity_mode.html

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2013, 04:15:14 AM »
Dan
 I am not connected via the Enc module at the moment, so yes it works without it. However from my understanding if rigid tapping is done then it will likely need the Enc module.

Regarding current/velocity modes, lots of differing opinions on which is the best, most industrial CNCs seem to use velocity as far as I can gather so there must be a reason for that.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:49 AM »
The differing opinions make it very confusing. Even in that thread linked above, some disagree with Mariss, despite his perfectly reasonable explanation.

Dan