Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 08:42:56 AM

Author Topic: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)  (Read 193381 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Chiron FZ12 on its way sometime soon(ish)
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »
Hi Warren thanks for the models, not sure where they would fit in so thinking your setup may be different than mine.
I passed Marks info on to you, I am sure he will only be too pleased to give you info on the Siemens. I know there was mention of having to tell the control the actual working area or something like  that and until you did that nothing would work, kind of sounds like your problem but Mark will know for sure.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »
Well I got the controller today, busy at the moment so not sure when I will get some wiring done but clipped the control and encoder module and the connectors onto the din rails to make sure I had the spacing correct.
 I am not sure if I will need the encoder module or not, it may or may not be needed when/if rigid tapping is done in the CSMIO plugin. I have the analogue control so in theory the encoder inputs should work fine on that for the spindle but as I will probably be putting a CSMIO on the big lathe at some point I will be able to use the encoder module on it, if its not used on the Chiron.
Pic of the control clipped to the din rail below.
Hood
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »
Nice and clean.  Are you doing the PLC programming?  I am debating (if I can't get the Siemens controll on my FZ12 to work) wether to PLC the tool changes or run it as a simple mechanical logic system with an industrial microprocessor keeping track of the inputs and outputs.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
Yes programmed the PLC, its quite a big ladder but I find ladder logic fairly easy especially compared to VB etc ;D
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:15 AM »
Been a busy spell the last few weeks and not got much done.
The coolant when I got it just seemed to be operated from a panel switch or so I understand, however it seemed like things may have been altered at some point as I found mounting holes near the main coolant hose which would suggest there had been solenoid valves fitted at one time, also there was a relay board which likely was used to control the valves. The relay board had fried traces on it as the diodes had shorted, this is likely why things had been bypassed. I also found that there was an outlet at the top of the sloping floor in the enclosure, it is a washdown :) The pipework had been bypassed so obviosly not been used for a long time.
 Anyway fitted some valves I had bought a while back and repaired the relay board and its all working from Mach now, either panel switches or code. I still have to rewire the coolant pump as it has no earth connection as the wire that has been replaced at some point is only 3 core.

I have also made up a height setter and have mounted it on the front of the enclosure, I will be connecting this to Mach via the Encoder module I have for the CSMIO and the readings can be read via a macropmp and modbus and I can update directly to the tool table.

I also got quite a good deal on some servo drives/motors and cables, they are Telemechanique Lexium05 drives, 3Kw and Berger Lhar servo motors, 2Kw continuous rating.
 They are supposed to have only been used for a short period on a test rig but need to wait on a RS485 converter before I can connect to the PC to set them up and also will probably find maintenance info which will let me know how long they have been in operation. I bought 6 sets plus an extra motor and 2 extra sets of cables for £1250 which is a good deal I think :) 3 of them are for a friend.

Below are a few pics, first the height setter next a close up of the motor/drive/cables and lastly the drives fitted in the control cabinet.

Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Love your tool setter patent, Hood. Should consider doing one. Really looks very convenient.

The servos look new indeed. But hey, how do you manage to get all those great deals...

Dan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »
But hey, how do you manage to get all those great deals...

It has to do with him having a horse shoe in a cavity.........................  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
Dang Hood, you wasted no time hanging those drives in the cabinet.  :)

Its looking good Hood!  The tool setter will be another must have fad that you will have to claim responsibility for.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
Dan,
the toolsetter on the Beaver Mill is very convenient indeed and I knew I just had to make one for the Chiron.
Regarding the drives, just keep an eye out on eBay, guy had the motor and drive listed seperately, £150 motor £250 drive and said he had more. emailed him to ask how many he had and how much he would be for multiples, he came back wit a price and I asked if he could do a bit better and he did :)

Brett
 Doesnt take minutes to do that, bore and tap 12 holes , will take a bit longer to run the wires and get them all wired. Spent a while the last night soldering 132wires into the D Sub connectors on the I/O cable, now have to cut them off as these drives are different ;D

Hood

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
Good deal Hood! Will the drives do +/- 10v analogue command or just step direction?l

John