Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:14:44 AM

Author Topic: I broke it??  (Read 9935 times)

Re: I broke it??
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »
Neither.  Tried them all (repeatedly!).  I'm so stuck in it, I have to load a different wizard just to 'back out' to the main screen!  :O

The buttons do have the appearance of being clicked, but they do nothing.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »
So from a few background conversations going on...  it's looking like a problem with Active X, not Mach or NFS.

Will post more when it's fully resolved.
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
Ok, the line you are hitting tries to establish a fileSystem Object. I had not thought about that, but it likely does call outside Mach into some MS stuff. You must be right that its something you deleted from windows  if a clean mach install and a clean wizard instal doesnt fix it.

I am sorry,but I dont have anymore good ideas. Ill see if Brian has any.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:39 AM »
100% total Mach re-install didn't fix it.

Tried to install a VB6 update patch thinking that might install some missing files - it wouldn't run!
Sheesh...  at this rate it might be faster if I just reinstall windows from scratch!  :O

Anyone planning on porting Mach to Mac?  ;)
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
Anyone planning on porting Mach to Mac?  Wink

As a matter of fact, yes. V4 is being done with a cross platform tools. I have been trying to get the new wizards to compile on my mac,but no luck yet- actually very little work on it so far, to busy with the win version. Also planed for linux.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »
Have you tried a system restore back to before you worked on it(;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:48 PM »
Fixed it!

Wow - what a gong show.
And what any easy fix in the end....

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Done.  Really!  That was it.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »
Happy to hear you found it. How did you do that? Was the .dll still on your machine, just not registered?
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »
That's what it looks like.  

I can only assume that as I was stripping the machine down to it's skivvies, one of those programs must have de-registered (but not deleted) the DLL.
And since I'd taken SO many thing off at once, I had no idea which one was the culprit!

So, I started googling various phrases of the error message.  Came up with a common theme amongst all of them and tried it.

-poof- fixed!