Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:01:03 PM

Author Topic: Tormach PCNC1100 ATC and SmoothStepper  (Read 3598 times)

Tormach PCNC1100 ATC and SmoothStepper
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
Good Afternoon,
I tried to get a little guidance from the Tormach forum on CNCzone, but to little avail.  I've been trying to integrate the USB smoothstepper into the Tormach PCNC1100 with Auto Tool Changer.  The Tormach version of Mach3 won't allow the smoothstepper plugin to initialize and only the ATC plugin works.  Vise versa the standard Mach3 will allow smoothstepper plugin to run but no ATC.  Anybody have any ideas?  
Tormach's version of Mach3 saves all the root files into a folder C:/PCNC  where Mach just says everything in the C:/MACH.  I pulled all of the PCNC info for the ATC, macros, etc. into MACH and cloned the pins and configuration from PCNC.  Still no dice getting the ATC plugin to work though.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Jake Mestre

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Tormach PCNC1100 ATC and SmoothStepper
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
Have you copied over the ATC dll and enabled it and restarted Mach?
If you have and its still not working then you may have to put Mach to the location the PNC installs to. Obviously back up any Tormach stuff before you do or it will get overwritten when you install Mach there. Easiest way is just rename the Tormach folder , if you rename the C:/PCNC to C:/OldPCNC then you will be fine to install Mach to C:/PCNC.

Hood