Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:23:40 PM

Author Topic: Missing steps in jog follow mode  (Read 33513 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing steps in jog follow mode
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
Hi:

Just checked FRO here and all seems well. I dont seem to ahve a problem with Jog Follow either, but rotating the display is nasty.. It was always a rule in MAch2 that you not rotate while cutting.. Ill probably lock it out again very shortly.. As to Jog Follow, it may just be that a user will have to know not to do it if his video card cant keep up on that particular file..

Thanks
Art

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:58:27 PM »
I just tested with my laptop and things were better. I have absolutely no reason to rotate the toolpath while running. I would prefer it locked so I can't have any accidents while running. You can also cause problems if you rapidly move from screen to screen.

Yes the FRO does work for me. I must have really had my processor bogged down. I went through the optimization file again and now the FRO is working :)

Thank you Art for your reply.
Ryan

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »
Ryan,

Thanks for letting us know, it all helps.

Regards

Dave
"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:32 PM »
Thank you for the tests. :)

Art

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 05:55:34 AM »
Good job Ryan. You are helping to build a wealth of knowledge. :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 02:42:47 PM »
Ryan,

I must appologize, I missed the part of "rotating the graphics" in Jog Follow Mode I only tested it the other day in standard view. Thanks for pointing it out to me again. I purchased a brand new PC for my Pod Machine as I am also beta testing the next version of a Cad/Cam system and needed a powerful PC, so my video card is the fastest I could get at the time. I tried it in Jog Follow mode and had no problems at all with any tool path, simple or complex. I tried rotating the graphics on a 50mm x 50mm simple square tool path and still no problems. I then tried running a complex tool path and rotating the graphics and "YES" I see what you mean. This problem is not so much with the Pod, it is more about the amount of number crunching that needs to be done to re-draw the graphics to the screen and is interfering with the information being sent down to the Pod (or parallel port + other devices). For now, I think it is a good idea for Art to lock the graphics rotation for the Pod Plugin as he has already done for the Parallel Port.

I spoke to Art yesterday regarding this issue and he is considering his options. From my point of view, Art has given everyone this function and a great function it is, but it is hard for him to have something like this that suits every PC.

It is excellent that you found this Ryan, as it is very early in the Pods Development and we can alert everyone to this issue. Thank you. Glad to hear that your FRO is working.

Best Regards

Dave

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.