Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:24:32 AM

Author Topic: LC lockup  (Read 5931 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
LC lockup
« on: May 19, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
Lazy Cam freezes my computer (running XP) any time I try and initialize. I get the screen logo and then my cursor locks up and can't get out without turning off my machine. Damn I wish "import .dxf" wasn't taken off of Mach. Any other way to get a .dxf into Mach3?-Keith

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LC lockup
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
Never had that happen here. You will need some kind of Cam to convert the dxf into gcode.
What version of Mach are you using?
Did you install  LC along with Mach or was it installed after you installed Mach?
RICH

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
Installed with. Mach is latest lock-down version.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:11:22 AM »
Maybe try intsalling it by itself from Downloads and get the .net2  update from Windows.
If it is not installed when Mach is intsalled it runs as a standalone program and saves output to a directory of your choice.

RICH

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
No go. Even loading the .net2 update didn't like things.-Keith

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 08:35:58 PM »
Don't know what to say, your the first on this one. I have run it using Xp service pack 1,2,&3 and never had a problem.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
Just a thought, Keith, possibly it's a video issue with your display hardware? Possibly get the latest driver for your video display adapter?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »
I'll try that Dave. Turns out the .net2 update is installed which I thought might be the problem but is not. The other weird thing is that I installed LC as a standalone and the install went along as it should have; finished up and all. When I did the standalone I made sure I downloaded as "save file as..." since I had a problem before with the SmoothStepper files; I mostly work with Macs and it turned out downloading some files within the mac OS causes some problems transferring and installing on a Windows platform (I never put the machine that runs my CNC on line).
Still, either installing from the package within Mach3 or installing separately the Artsoft logo appears and then...freeze (freeze sometimes is the normal cursor or the "waiting hourglass".
Might have to open an older Mach so I can use the import .DXF and then save the g-code generated. That's all I want it for anyway.-Keith