Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:44 AM

Author Topic: He's just a Wile and crazy guy!  (Read 34565 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: He's just a Wile and crazy guy!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
You do not need to manually set the I-J mode in (Config ; General Config ; IJ Mode), if the G91.1 is in the code. You can do both if you like, but it is not required. Whatever is easiest for you.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
Sam,

Thanks -- I figured that out -- I am using this g-code to self-learn something about g and m codes.  I also edited the code to turn on -- and off -- my spindle and to modify the feed speeds.  One thing that I have not figured out however, is that my routed image is a mirror image of the one you show on page 1.  (X axis is reversed).  I will most likely figure it out myself after some additional time.  In the meantime, thanks for your advice -- my learning curve is rather steep at this point.  The proverbial good news/bad news story!!

Thanks,

Sawdust John
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:24:00 PM by Sawdust John »
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »
I have not posted a response lately, since I have been busy learning the system and g-codes in gereral, but I wanted to close out my earlier comment.  I modified the g-code by adding a G51 X-1.0  block at the beginning of the g-code.  Wiley and Road, now are milled out in standard format (not mirror image).  There is probably another way to accomplish this, but so far have not figured it out if there is.
MAKING SAWDUST NOW!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
Hi John,

Sounds like you have your X axis configured incorrectly.
In Config / Ports and Pins / Motor Outputs - change the tick for a cross (or visa versa) in the 'Dir LowActive' box for the 'X Axis' then click 'Apply'.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »
Thanks Tweakie,

That was not it, but it was something equally dumb.  When I set up my X & Y coordinates and limit/homing switches, I arbitrarily set the home point at the lower left hand corner of my table -- not realizing at the time that when I did that, my physical layout was a mirror image of the X & Y directions shown on the tool path screen of Mach 3.  I now have it set so my home is at the lower right of my table.  As Homer Simpson would say:  DUUUUUUHHH!

John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 01:30:47 AM »
Hi John,

I am pleased you have got it sorted - you are certainly progressing up the learning curve at speed now.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE