Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 04:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  General CNC Chat
| |-+  Show"N"Tell ( Your Machines)
| | |-+  Z axis motor mount........
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Z axis motor mount........  (Read 1261 times)
CNCexplorer

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »

I am upgrading my cnc aluminum rail system to linear bearings. I am first making a AUTOCAD model of it in autodesk inventor. And spend as much time as i can with the design before i start building. I have decide not to change the y axis to keep the $$$ down. Also be using wood. here is what i got so far.

Q- Any good design for mounting the motor for z axis? (pic or link perhaps be good)
Q-Q-links to cheap aluminum sheet or what other material to use?

Thanks & have a wonderful day:)

* newdesign113.JPG (173.33 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 199 times.)

* newdesign111.JPG (153.04 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 139 times.)
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »

Hi CNCexplorer,

No matter what you do, there will always be something better and so everything has to be a compromise. However, I would suggest that you go for 'fully supported' rails on the X axis (if not both X and Z) - there is not that much difference in price.

Although wood is easy machining if you start V-Carving then 'chatter' or tool vibration can spoil the work so rigidity is an important consideration here and unsupported rails (less than about 25mm dia.) can flex a lot more than you would think.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
CNCexplorer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »

Although wood is easy machining if you start V-Carving then 'chatter' or tool vibration can spoil the work so rigidity is an important consideration here and unsupported rails (less than about 25mm dia.) can flex a lot more than you would think.

Thanks a lot tweakie for that info. Very helpful
U have a great machining day Wink
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: