Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:49:40 PM

Author Topic: MY NEW MAN CAVE!  (Read 26897 times)

MY NEW MAN CAVE!
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
Just moved back to the Uk...
had to build my new cane from scratch ..that in itself is actually a blessing more than a pain...as I now get to do it the way I would like it..so here goes a few shots...
also got some more work done on BLADERUNNER as it started out working so hard it never had a chance of being completed..now its almost there....

The cave...
40 square meters devided into 3rds...2 3rds are the mancave with all the toys for boys....and 1 3rd is recording studio...all double skinned and wall/floor/roof insulated....

check it out!

started here

3 days later

4days

5 days

8 days painted and all done..

some snow...

and then some nice new workbenches made from the left over timber with new countertops...

and my Bladerunner and mill in situe!

have unpacked all my boxes and now its impossible to move in ther euntill it finds its little spot in the shop!

cheers
haydn
Re: MY NEW MAN CAVE!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
AND!!!!!

here is the proof that no movement is possible inside the cave....

Bladerunner now has some new blood in the veins...."BLUE BLOOD" hehehe its a royal machine now

and the centre island workbench still using the leftover wood to construct with ...yea baby love the recycle thing!

and finally a better shot of the MANCAVE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »
WOW - very nice indeed - looks like a toy shop in there  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
Love it!

Very impressive, 8 days from scratch to something like this!

Dan
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
WOW - very nice indeed - looks like a toy shop in there  ;D

Tweakie.
Thanx!
Yes gents..its my toy making shop....someone said to me..."he with the most toys wins"......
should never have said that to me..coz now im in serious truble with the toy police!..
Just fitted a 40" led/lcd 3 D TV as my main screen today...all I can say is WOWEE!
Love it!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
Looks like you need another helicopter to me.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
lol Gerry.
Nice shop ya got there. Certainly one to be proud of. Thanks for sharing!
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
Thanx gents
Looks like you need another helicopter to me.
OMG...I missed one!...better get building then....Oh I remeber now..Ive got another 3 to build...THANX FOR REMINDING ME! heheheheh
This shop is geared to making Rc flying craft and modding a few land based ones too...
Its all about Toys for me Im afraid!..now have to think like a 16 month old little girl so I can make those toys as well!..

Just had a kaflups! (thats fekup of all proportions) with my pc that controls Mach 3....so decided to go to the other side and get a usb controller..what a ballsup that turned out to be....so returned with my tail between my legs to mach 3 and upgraded the pc to a £400 with 64bit..hahahaha only to find out it will not work...what a plonker....so then ordred the smooth stepper and its nearly here...lets hope this works flawlessly .

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
Nice man cave indeed.
The only problem is that a cave is empty and cold unless there is something to light the up the fire and get it warm.
Won't be long before you will be sharing some space with the little one. Barbie in a helicopter seems to come to mind.
Oh, btw, make it a two seater as Ken wll be along shortly. :D
Enjoy it all,
RICH
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:17:27 PM by RICH »